Raise Your Glass - Pink

urca

• Members

We still do it, and it still gets a pretty good response most of the time. Really depends on your audience. Pretty easy song to add...

Filler for us at this point. Still decent crowd reaction and frankly I'm surprised it's lasted this long. But then again sometimes a song works because where it is in the setlist. And sometimes it works because people love to hear it. We have this sandwiched between Lady Gaga and Usher. Probably why it still keeps the dance floor moving.

• Members

Filler for us at this point. Still decent crowd reaction and frankly I'm surprised it's lasted this long. But then again sometimes a song works because where it is in the setlist. And sometimes it works because people love to hear it. We have this sandwiched between Lady Gaga and Usher. Probably why it still keeps the dance floor moving.

What Gaga are doing? We added You and I and its worked pretty well despite the fact we are as far from Gaga musically as you can get and still be on the planet earth.

• Members

What Gaga are doing? We added You and I and its worked pretty well despite the fact we are as far from Gaga musically as you can get and still be on the planet earth.

Poker Face.... it's the one and the only song to do in my opinion. Everything else is filler.

Pop artists have alot of hits but for reasons that are unexplainable there are some songs that just work every single time and for that reason there is no reason to replace them. For instance we have been playing 'Hot In Here' since 2004. It's never left the setlist, ever. We've played a handful of Flo'Rida songs yet 'Low' is still in the set since 2008. Poker face is just one of those songs everyone knows. And for the record, with a male singer, we're far away from accurately covering it too.

• Members

Poker Face.... it's the one and the only song to do in my opinion. Everything else is filler.

Pop artists have alot of hits but for reasons that are unexplainable there are some songs that just work every single time and for that reason there is no reason to replace them. For instance we have been playing 'Hot In Here' since 2004. It's never left the setlist, ever. We've played a handful of Flo'Rida songs yet 'Low' is still in the set since 2008. Poker face is just one of those songs everyone knows. And for the record, with a male singer, we're far away from accurately covering it too.

We do 'Bad Romance' and it seems to go over quite well......

• Members

This... but we do it in a medley:

Tonight Tonight>>Raise your Glass>>Moves Like jagger

• Members

Anyone doing this tune? Does it still have legs? Thinking about adding it.....

Rather than add a song that's almost 2years old, why not wait a couple weeks to see how the singles from her latest album seem to fare and add one of those instead and be ahead of the game?

I believe her album came out yesterday.

• Members

Rather than add a song that's almost 2years old, why not wait a couple weeks to see how the singles from her latest album seem to fare and add one of those instead and be ahead of the game?

I believe her album came out yesterday.

We're adding Blow Me next week.

• Members

From what I've observed Raise Your Glass goes over much better in the last set when everybody, especially the ladies, are nice loaded.

I dunno, maybe its just me, but it seems ANYTHING goes over much better when everybody, including the ladies are "nicely loaded".

• Members

just heard Blow Me a few minutes ago on the radio... hmmm. it could work.
:thu:

We've had it in our break music and have been talking about doing it for a few weeks now. Amy said the part right before the chorus ("just when it can't get worse") could be a troublesome jump, but the rest should be good to go. We're gonna have to "PHuck it up" (as our drummer affectionately calls it) a bit for our instrumentation, but it's definitely not challenging.

• Members

We've had it in our break music and have been talking about doing it for a few weeks now. Amy said the part right before the chorus ("just when it can't get worse") could be a troublesome jump, but the rest should be good to go. We're gonna have to "PHuck it up" (as our drummer affectionately calls it) a bit for our instrumentation, but it's definitely not challenging.

Ostrich Hat may have to drop the key. Adam has a high voice but- uggh that may be tuff for him.

Archived