if you could start over, what would you do different?

MartinC

• Members

Man, thinking about the idea that each decision has far reaching outcomes that extend so far into my life, it's hard to imagine knowing that if I changed this thing or that thing, that life would be somehow better.

I've been happily married for 20 years, but there was that one girl..... Would we have made it thru my 20's? Could anyone have? 20's were a really rough time for me.

I committed to the music industry at age 30. What would have happened if I committed to it at age 18 like I really wanted to? Would I have had such a hard time 'finding myself'? Would it have been a bunch of hookers and blow? He'll, it was that a lot of the time anyway.

I just can't say. Maybe the only thing I regret is my lack of awareness....my lack of depth....at a young age. Maybe being a little more serious as a youngster....being good at football defined me at a young age, and it definitely made me a bit jock headed. A jock who listened to Mahavishnu and practiced as much as I worked out, and was fascinated with the 'gonzo' journalists/authors.

But maaaaaan, that was a long time ago. Who knows?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived