I need some song ideas!

New Trail

• Members

One of the bands I play in is basically a blues band.  When we play festivals and "shows" we play mostly the lead singer's original blues songs and it's cool.  The problem is when we play a typical 4 hour bar gig his originals don't go over that well so we end up digging deep in the well for songs (covers) to play.  We do okay but he has a tendency to pick old rockabilly songs like "Matchbox" that to me seem to have limited appeal.  He always asks me to sing a few songs per night and I usually stick with songs we already know like Brown Eyed Girl and Evil Ways.  Now I'm looking to expand that a bit and would like some help with song suggestions.  For our demographic danceable older classic rock would be the genre.  So far I'm thinking "I saw Her Standing There" would work.  Any thoughts you might have would be appreciated.  Thanks!

• Members

When we go looking for songs we search youtube by band or artist name. that turns up a bunch of material and then choose from those searches. We try to have a few songs by each group on tap. We put together a 100 song list pretty fast for the roots classic rock project. What is amazing is the number of hits some of these bands had. You never really think about it till you see how many songs pop up from a simple search for youtube on a band.

Archived