Gig Report: Recent Notable Stories

Potts

• Members

Re: This was last Sunday... that's amazing, I read it twice, both times with my jaw on the floor.

Re: the special brownies... I played a 60th birthday celebretion years and years ago. It was a back yard BBQ and for some reason the birthday lady's son thought it would be a good idea to spice up the burgers with the leafy stuff (without telling anyone). I had quit doing that substance by then, and many others at the party had never even tried it. Luckily there were no minors present but it was still a pretty risky trick. I wasn't pleased at all, although some people had a really good time!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Tonight was great! I played at a 5 star hotel in a huge room for about 400 people. They had a nice stage for me and treated me like a king. I did a 60 minute set plus an encore and was paid hansomly. It felt pretty good. My Bose carried quite nicely and everyone had a great time.

I could easily get spoiled by the treatment, the brevity of the performance and the applause. Getting an honest encore from so many people was pretty cool too I might add. That {censored} doesn't happen often enough.

This is one half of the room...

IMG\_0976.JPG

• Members

Potts wrote:

Tonight was great! I played at a 5 star hotel in a huge room for about 400 people. They had a nice stage for me and treated me like a king. I did a 60 minute set plus an encore and was paid hansomly. It felt pretty good. My Bose carried quite nicely and everyone had a great time.

I could easily get spoiled by the treatment, the brevity of the performance and the applause. Getting an honest encore from so many people was pretty cool too I might add. That {censored} doesn't happen often enough.

This is one half of the room...

IMG\_0976.JPG

Sounds like a nice gig, Pottsy!

Hope you get many more like that.

• Members

Potts wrote:

I played a private holiday party the other day. It was all 40-50 somethings and professionals. A lady came up to me and said,"Linda told me I should give you a couple of these brownies." I laughed and said ok...she said, "No. They're special." I was floored. I wasn't expecting that at all. In all my years I've never ingested pot that way and let me tell you I laughed my ass off to myself for about 90 minutes while playing. There's a notable gig story.

I've only ingested brownies once before a gig-it was way back in 1979. In fact the whole band ate them, and they were so strong that in the first set as they started to work, I was really struggling to remember the chord changes. I was ripped. We started playing "I know I'll never love this way again"  There is a three chord turn around after the first verse that leads you right into the second verse-it was played only by the keyboard player. When it came up, she played the three strangest chords I've ever heard. We simply could not enter the second verse after hearing those chords. We just all stopped the tune. After the gig, we asked her why did you play those bizzare chords? She said it had seemed to her the tune had been going on for hours and she needed to finbd a way to end it. :-) Those were some powerful brownies.

Archived