Backing Tracks

mbarsott

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Good backing tracks are hard to come by. Some of the best that I've heard locally were created by the musicians using them.

I worked for years with a wedding band that used preprogrammed tracks for numerous songs. They turned out quite nice, but they were created by a musician that worked in a rhythm section regularly, and they were rehearsed with the band until the song sounded correct.

Performing as a solo artist with backing tracks is a potentially frustrating thing. I've done okay with live looping and a cajon, some other rhythm items, and layering of guitar...but I've wanted to move over to backing tracks so I could get in on some of the country club and resaurant work that is out there. Two of the local solo guys worked a big church gig with me last year and I gotto hear some realy, really interesting approaches. One does all of his work on his keyboard, while the other pre-records everything, converts to mp3, then loads to his main iPod and backup iPod. Both turnedout some outstanding performances, too. Real top notch stuff.

Archived