Anybody use an iPad as a tracks player?

badhorsie777

• Members

Thanks for all of the advice Richard! Now I'm going to be obsessing about getting an Ipad and making the jump from the laptop. I'm pretty good after 17 years of marriage though. If I talk about it incessantly, she'll break and just tell me to go buy one ;)

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
  • Members

I realise this reply may a bit late but the question still comes up on google so I think it is just as relevant.

Gig Track a backing track player designed by musicians specifically for rehearsing and gigging on-stage. It is not an Apple Music app copy like so many of the other apps available, if you use backing tracks in your performance and want to stay focused on what you are doing, check the app out.

Gig Track can be seen on iTunes at https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/gig-...8981?ls=1&mt=8

The official website for plenty of information is www.gig-track.com

Follow Gig Track at www.twitter.com/gigtrackapp

Thanks for listening.

• Members

I agree with Mike.

I also use an Ipod classic during breaks purely because it was the largest drive I could get at the time (160gb). I also carry a spare laptop formatted the same as my main netbook. It is stripped down, no internet, no office software, no anti-virus etc. all the tracks are as wav filrs rather than mp3 and i use Winamp free edition as a player. The only difference for me is that I hate using itunes so I use Sharepod instead. It is basically a stripped down itunes with all the dross you simply dont use or need taken away. It also means that you can use your ipod on any PC without the fear that itunes will try and erase everything because "this device is syncd to another PC".............blah, blah, blah !!. I try and stay away from Apple hardware & software as much as possible as it is far too intrusive and I simply dont like being ringfenced by Apple into what I can and cant do. Sorry..........I'm ranting about Apple again.........

• 5 months later...
  • Members

For backing tracks playback on iPad you can use Pauser Pro - my modest audio player.

Pauser Pro takes tracks from Music.app.

Just load backing tracks from your PC iTunes to Music and they will be available in Pauser Pro.

Pauser Pro is an audio player with the additional convenient features.

Auto pause, song’s scrolling lyrics display, crossfade and fade out.

A user friendly interface and intuitive controls make Pauser Pro an essential player for experienced musicians.

If you need the music and lyrics source, if you work on stage – Pauser Pro is the solution that will allow you to think only about your ideal performance.

Now you can try a free version of Pauser Lite.

It is a full-featured version but with the one limitation – you can’t make the Queue of more than 3 songs.

Pauser Pro in App Store

www.pauserpro.com

https://www.facebook.com/PauserPro

Regards,

Victor Kaysin, developer of Pauser Pro

Last reviews from American App Store: 

The best app ★★★★★

by M.A.D.E.Y.E - Version 1.6 - Feb 15, 2014

It’s the best and seems like the only one application with most optimal set of features for sound editors, musicians and vocalist. It has autopause, adjustable fade out and cross fade – that’s the things you really need while performing everywhere – live music at restaurants or doing concerts and stage shows. The app is very stable and never failed yet! Can recommend it to everybody!!!

Depend on this app for my singing gigs ★★★★★

by JohnOSings - Version 1.5.1 - Sep 9, 2013

I have been using this app for a long time now. It ha a become my musical "instrument", so to speak. I use it for all my singing gigs, setting up playlists for each one very easily. I love the Lyrics button feature. My iPad is clipped right to my mic stand there in from of me so I can glance at the words when I need to. It takes some getting used to, but I know how to use it for a performance. Two things I could really use are: (1) the ability to select a song. and show its lyrics before starting it to play, and (2) a volume control slider on the screen. I am hoping these will be added at some later date. I really need this app. There is no other one that I know of that works like this. All in all, I am happy I have this too. JohnO

• Members

badhorsie777 wrote:

Wondering if anyone does this... Also,
if there is any apps you know of that provide BIG display of track info, etc?
The default iPad music app is really horrible, in my opinion, and even moreso if I wanted to use it live...

Thanks!

-Matt

I guess Im confused. I hate spamming as much as the next guy, but when a guy asks a specific question, and someone happens to sell a product that is an answer to tthe question, how exactly is that spamming? Reminds one of asjking a salesperson in a grocery store where the chips are, and a Frito Lay rep saying "we have some over on aisle 5, check them out." Is that spamming, or offering  help? 

For me, spamming is when someone swoops into a thread and tries to sell something unrelated to the subject at hand, or uses the forum solely for promotion when no one asked. Just sayin'.  

• Members

SusieP wrote:

Please can I ask a related question, too? My Duo are often asked if we can play background music between our live sets. We are getting a new mixer on Monday - the Allen & Heath zed12fx - and are wondering about getting some kind of MP3 player to play background stuff through the desk. The only MP3 player I have is a Sansa clip - which is tiny and used for the Gym. Would an I-pod be the best way to go for us - or is it problematic as badhorsie777 has indicated? We dont have an itunes account. If we want to download MP3 tracks we have purchased them from Amazon and put them onto a CD. So if we got an ipod would we only be able to put itunes sourced tracks on it? Can anyone recommend a suitable MP3 player for this purpose. Again. like the OP - one that's easy to read the tracks etc. on. Sorry to hijack the thread, but it is kind of relevant to the discussion. Hope you don't mind. xxx

You can upload any MP3 to itunes and it coverts it to MP4. I use my ipad for break music, running a cord out of the earphone jack to the board. 

• Members

BlueStrat wrote:

badhorsie777 wrote:

Wondering if anyone does this... Also,
if there is any apps you know of that provide BIG display of track info, etc?
The default iPad music app is really horrible, in my opinion, and even moreso if I wanted to use it live...

Thanks!

-Matt

I guess Im confused. I hate spamming as much as the next guy, but when a guy asks a specific question, and someone happens to sell a product that is an answer to tthe question, how exactly is that spamming? Reminds one of asjking a salesperson in a grocery store where the chips are, and a Frito Lay rep saying "we have some over on aisle 5, check them out." Is that spamming, or offering  help? 

For me, spamming is when someone swoops into a thread and tries to sell something unrelated to the subject at hand, or uses the forum solely for promotion when no one asked. Just sayin'.  

Ahh so posting the exact same promo here as well http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Solo-and-Duo-Acts/So-about-the-iPad-thingy/td-p/36337707  is okay too? Not trying to sell product, no not at all......ppfftt!!

I reckon had others not called the poster on this there would have been a few more too - depsite protestations of innocent ignorance.

Archived