behringer fcb1010 is great!

t-rave

• Members

I got this thing working just like a line 6 floorboard with my podxt. Switching stompboxes, patches, effects and using the expression pedals for wah and volume. Does any one know how this pedal fairs with and HD147 or a Vetta. at almost a 3rd of the price of the line 6 long board it's worth the extra programming effort.

• Members

I'm sure the Line-6 Floorboard is better suited for it, but if you can get the Behringer to do the same thing, then cool!

The advantage of a MIDI controller is that you are not just using a proprietary interface. You can control multiple devices, where you can only control 1 Line-6 device with their floorboard.

• Members

How did you get it all set up with the PODxt?

Ive been thinking about the Behringer, or Line6 board, but I do have other MIDI equipment.

I know it CAN be done on the Behringer, but I didnt know how well the FX on/off and such would work, since it mainly has 1-10 program switches. Does it have an internal FX mode built in?

• Members

Originally posted by t-rave

Shask,

I followed this tutorial. Never even used the Behringer Manual ( which at a glance looked quite ambiguos)...

http://game.3dgw.com/fcb/

Good link :D

yeah, after I posted that last night, I did some research. And the manual is typical Behringer... crap ;)

The main thing I still wonder, OK, that is set up all on 1 bank, correct? and you get 10. So, I could choose another bank, and set it up completely different?

I also have a Peavey Tubefex, but I generally dont use the 2 units together. So, I could set up bank 0 like the link for the POD. Then, I could set up bank 1, completely different for the Tubefex?

So, basically have it set up for 2 different rigs, instead of buying 2 different pedals :D

• Members

I did something similar myself...I use the 1010 with my VAmp for practice, so I set up bank 5-9 for use with it (actually only use bank 5, left rest for options) and set up banks 0-4 for use with my TriAxis. No matter what rig I'm using, my feet do the same thing, which is great! Consequently, I have my VAmp and Tri on the same midi channel for ease of programming, as I'm never going to use them at the same time anyway. BTW, I did work out a pseudo 'phantom power' mod that works great with my VAmp and equally well with my Tri...My Power Mod

Originally posted by Shask

Good link
:D

yeah, after I posted that last night, I did some research. And the manual is typical Behringer... crap
;)

The main thing I still wonder, OK, that is set up all on 1 bank, correct? and you get 10. So, I could choose another bank, and set it up completely different?

I also have a Peavey Tubefex, but I generally dont use the 2 units together. So, I could set up bank 0 like the link for the POD. Then, I could set up bank 1, completely different for the Tubefex?

So, basically have it set up for 2 different rigs, instead of buying 2 different pedals
:D

Archived