I'm having a problem with my Sabine RT-7000 Rack tuner...

• Members

I have this tuner hooked up in my rack (currently: JMP-1, Mesa 50/50) and it is so slow, when we play live, it's unuseable.

I've tried it in the loop on the JMP-1, where the loop is set as high as it goes, and still, SLOOOWW, it doesn't respond to notes until like, 10 seconds later, and even then it seems very inaccurate and slow to respond. I've tried it straight through, preamp out, to tuner, then tuner to the power amp... Same results.

It works OK when I plug straight into the tuner, but it's still slow so i think that's a flaw of the tuner itself, but it gets so much worse through the preamp.

I've also tried it with an ADA MP-1 with the same results.

Any thoughts?

• Members

just a couple of thoughts...I don't really know *IF* this is affecting the performance of your tuner, so I'm just throwing them out as ideas

1) you are overloading the input of the tuner?? that might explain why it starts responding after a few seconds (when your level drops to where is can deal)

2) Are you trying to tune with a heavily saturated/clipped sound? perhaps the extra hi-freq into is confusing the tuner...Try your preamp with a "clean" patch

• Members

Originally posted by MorePaul

just a couple of thoughts...I don't really know *IF* this is affecting the performance of your tuner, so I'm just throwing them out as ideas

1) you are overloading the input of the tuner?? that might explain why it starts responding after a few seconds (when your level drops to where is can deal)

2) Are you trying to tune with a heavily saturated/clipped sound? perhaps the extra hi-freq into is confusing the tuner...Try your preamp with a "clean" patch

+1 to that.

I used to have an RT-7000 and never had the problems you're describing. It might be faulty. You might want to contact Sabine and see what they have to say about your problem.

Archived