Pedalboard wart remover?

somata

• Members

i have a relatively simple pedalboard...budda wah, 2 ernie ball jr volume pedals (one for volume one for exp pedal), and a ground control pro. right now i have a power strip with the wall warts for the dmc pro and budda wah adapters, and there's no problem with hum, but things are a little tight on the board, and i'd like to have something that would allow me to ditch the power strip. of course since its only 2 wall warts, i don't really want to drop the money on a pedal power (i'll wait and get one of those when i get a pedal shelf in my rack), which is also too big for the space i have. are there any small, inexpensive adapters that would let me run these two devices?

alternately, i was thinking if there wasn't such a device, i'd just get new adaptors from radio shack (as they have ones that only take up 1 space) and get one of those black 3 outlet extension cords... would i need to worry about the radio shack adaptors creating hum?

thanks!!!

• Members

Originally posted by Hepburn

you could put the wall warts in your rack and run the power down a midi cable?

That's "Phantom Power"

That will work for the GC, but the wah uses DC power.

The combination of useing Phantom Power for the GC and a 9V battery in the wah would solve the problem.

• Members

i did run the gc-pro on phantom for awhile, but my access doesn't have midi thru capabilities, so it gave me problems with programming cc's for the g-major...

i ran across a godlyke adaptor that can power up to 5 pedals, takes up one spot, and seems to be what i'm looking for...i just have to see if the gc-pro will run off of it...its cheap too-$45

has anyone used one of these?

• Members

sorry, i didn't make myself clear. i can run phantom power from my hughes and kettner access, however, the h&k doesn't have a midi thru...so it doesn't transmit cc changes to the g-major...so i run my gc-pro into the g-major and then send the midi from the g-major to the h&k...but alas the g-major doesn't send phantom power, so i'm stuck with a wart...

that was one of the problems i was having initially, way back when i was trying to get the cc's to work in the first place, once i switched my midi routing (gc-pro>>>g-major>>>h&k access) i was in business...

of course i've also had an led burnout on my gc-pro already...grrrr...good thing for the 5 year warranty.

• Members

I bought from Musiciansfriend a cable made by Rocktron

It has a 5-Pin Midi connector at one end w/ a cable comming out to connect your wall-wart. Then the other end is a 7-Pin to go to the Ground Control.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=040210120514209233132105422954/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/331270/

I could use the phantom power jack on my Intellifex, but I anticipated that it will eventually leave the rack and I had to be able to power that way.

• Members

Maybe I wasn't making my self clear.

if everything runs off of 9V DC then you could build a unit inside the rack that combines the MIDI signal with 9V DC and then a 'breakout' box at the other end with 3 9V power pins and a midi plug.

is that better?

• Members

Originally posted by somata

sorry, i didn't make myself clear. i can run phantom power from my hughes and kettner access, however, the h&k doesn't have a midi thru...so it doesn't transmit cc changes to the g-major...so i run my gc-pro into the g-major and then send the midi from the g-major to the h&k...but alas the g-major doesn't send phantom power, so i'm stuck with a wart...

that was one of the problems i was having initially, way back when i was trying to get the cc's to work in the first place, once i switched my midi routing (gc-pro>>>g-major>>>h&k access) i was in business...

of course i've also had an led burnout on my gc-pro already...grrrr...good thing for the 5 year warranty.

I think the Access can merge the midi in to the midi out so that the midi out acts just like a midi thru. You can set the midi RCV to omni for that to work. You also must have the 2.0 rom version. It can be obtained either directly from H&K or from the local H&K service rep. I did that... I PMed you also for another question...

Archived