Triaxis MOD

• Members

What is the Fat Mod all about. Some are saying the older un moded units are better. If so can a newer unit be un moded?What is this mod exactly, what does everyone whos sampled both think about them. I got a newer triaxis, Prior to the purchase everybody was saying you will never need to buy another. I seem to be finding a lot of people slaming the triaxis lately. I just picked up a MP-1 as well. Nice but to much noise not enough gain. I know what it take to get those things fixed. As for the triaxis it seem way too bassy.... Bass set at 0 and still whats up with that?

Anyway I'd be thankfull for any advise with regards to the triaxis.

61 Strat, 69 Les Paul , 75 Les Paul , 85 San Dimas RR

DBX 160 , TRIAXIS , ADA MP-1 , HUSH Super C

BBE 482 , TCE G - Major , Mesa 20/20

Kudos

• Members

Without the Phat mod makes it heavier. I used to have one of each and sold the Triaxis that had the fat mod.

Regarding bass...

On Lead 1 Red I keep the bass around 6. On lead 2 modes I keep it around 3.5-4.5. If it doesn't sound right experiment with different tubes.

• Members

Originally posted by Europa

What is the Fat Mod all about. Some are saying the older un moded units are better. If so can a newer unit be un moded?What is this mod exactly, what does everyone whos sampled both think about them. I got a newer triaxis, Prior to the purchase everybody was saying you will never need to buy another. I seem to be finding a lot of people slaming the triaxis lately. I just picked up a MP-1 as well. Nice but to much noise not enough gain. I know what it take to get those things fixed. As for the triaxis it seem way too bassy.... Bass set at 0 and still whats up with that?

Anyway I'd be thankfull for any advise with regards to the triaxis.

61 Strat, 69 Les Paul , 75 Les Paul , 85 San Dimas RR

DBX 160 , TRIAXIS , ADA MP-1 , HUSH Super C

BBE 482 , TCE G - Major , Mesa 20/20

Kudos

You can have the fat mod removed for 50 bucks by any good tech. I did it with mine and indeed, the lead 1 red is now much heavier and articulate, less muddy. You can find the info needed in the file section of the triaxis yahoo group. Give the sheet of instruction to your tech, a few components (resistor, caps) have to be removed from the lead 1 red board. Also, it is reversible if it doesn't suit you.

Archived