Score?!?! Ada mp-1 classic

• Members

bought it brand new in the box, never racked , never opened , all paper work for $100 out the door..... had the original one many years ago and it was alright...this classic is actually much cooler..a brown channel, headphone out and decent cab simulation...for the price I'll play with it for a little while...see how well it does direct recording..maybe find a small cheap poweramp for kicks...any other fans of the classic?

• Members

Oh you bet I'm a fan! The brown channel is {censored}in awesome! Bro, stick a equalizer in the loop, boost some low end and upper mid and be prepared to be wiped out! Every thing from AC/DC early Def Leppard to Ride the Lightning is there.The lead channel is very different from the originals it warmer with more beef.The headphone jack sounds great!

I use mine sometimes as a buffer for other preamps thta dont have effects loops or need extra eq.I just select clean tube and put the gains and master all at 5- Then I plug the preamp out into the ADA's input.Sometimes it makes a great sounding preamp even better.If I wanna hear my VHT through headphones I run its preamp out into the input like I do with the other dedicated preamps worx great! Great tool.

I recommend boosting the external eq's bass up and keeping the ADA's bass 8 or below.I also scoop the eq a bit then use the ADA's eq to either compensate boost or scoop more.

Congrats on the awesome deal! You're gonna love it!

• Members

It was the last one in stock at my local store....it was in storage collecting dust..I played many a bar gig with an original mp-1..I eq-d it heavily with my alesis quadraverbs graphic eq...not a bad sound at the time but this classic sounds way better right out of the box...no need to mod it or anything like that ....plenty of gain on tap....I don't kow if it will record better direct than my pod xt but I'll give it a whirl....I will run my boss eq pedal through the loop...I can already get a nice swedish death metal sound ala arch enemey with this little box!

Whats a good lightweight small poweramp?...If I use this as a small practice rig a nice liitle single rack space thing woulf do..I had the priginal ada b200s amp in the day and that was ok...I would like to try it with a little mesa 20/20...

• Members

That's awesome! Congratulations!

Once in a while, you can find a great deal like that. The last MP-1 I got, my bass player found at some local music store for $50 with an MC-1! The unit was in excellent condition too; a little rack rash but otherwise perfect.

• Members

And do you two trolls mind telling me what the ADA MP-1 has anything to do with the JMP-1?

It is really starting to seem like that every single post made here has to have some kind of JMP-1 bashing by you too.

People come here looking for answers to questions, not to weed though pointless insults and crap like the amp forum.

Rack gear is not plug and play. It is made for people with the ablitiy to read, try different things, and not expect positive results 100% of the time when experimenting with settings. Hell, even changing the order of the rack gear can effect one's tone a lot.

It is very hard to ignore you two fools when every single time you post, it has nothing to do with the original topic and then it throws the rest of the thread into your little childish world.

If you don't like the JMP-1 so much, then make your own JMP-1SUCKS.com website and keep your trolling over there so us grown-ups can have some peace and quite.

• Members

Originally posted by Longhair

And do you two trolls mind telling me what the ADA MP-1 has anything to do with the JMP-1?

It is really starting to seem like that every single post made here has to have some kind of JMP-1 bashing by you too.

People come here looking for answers to questions, not to weed though pointless insults and crap like the amp forum.

Rack gear is not plug and play. It is made for people with the ablitiy to read, try different things, and not expect positive results 100% of the time when experimenting with settings. Hell, even changing the order of the rack gear can effect one's tone a lot.

It is very hard to ignore you two fools when every single time you post, it has nothing to do with the original topic and then it throws the rest of the thread into your little childish world.

If you don't like the JMP-1 so much, then make your own JMP-1SUCKS.com website and keep your trolling over there so us grown-ups can have some peace and quite.

Actually I finished posting stuff about the JMP-1 a week ago

Why not just ignore the crap? I mean all the rest of you do is post complaints about the bashing and all that happens is you get "retsamkcor" responding to it how bright is that??

There has been at least 5 people who complain and have the same point and it has done nothing to curb the bashing.Are you guys just that slow? Obviously nobody is being enlightened and all you end up doing is attracting more bashing posts =

COUNTERPRODUCTIVE

• Members

Originally posted by Soldano67

Actually I finished posting stuff about the JMP-1 a week ago

Why not just ignore the crap? I mean all the rest of you do is post complaints about the bashing and all that happens is you get "retsamkcor" responding to it how bright is that??

There has been at least 5 people who complain and have the same point and it has done nothing to curb the bashing.Are you guys just that slow? Obviously nobody is being enlightened and all you end up doing is attracting more bashing posts =

COUNTERPRODUCTIVE

fgm-troll.jpg

• Members

Why did you hi-jack this thread? Stoopid troll:rolleyes:

• Members

Or whiny redundant pontificating abject trolls like you.

If you dont see something you dont like ignore it, jezuz how old are you? :rolleyes:

• Members

played around with the preamp a little more...this was ada's best effort ( too bad they went under...what would they have out now!!)..the brown channel kills...it has that Robben Ford type quality too it that the mp-1 could never achieve... the headphone out is great ...actually this unit kills the mp-1 one...better gain, less noise, and the brown channel! Now I need poweramp suggestions ( on the cheap...how is the ada micro tube?)

• Members

I want a poweramp that's decent and cheap. I have no plans of making this a serious live rig ( I already have a great sounding mesa rig)....just something that is light in weght and great for home jamming and the occasional get together with friends....how are those rocktron velocity amps.....or maybe a mosvlave? I will demo a mesa 20/20 this week...although a bit costly brand new...it could really make this a great rig for anything!

• Members

Originally posted by t-rave

I want a poweramp that's decent and cheap. I have no plans of making this a serious live rig ( I already have a great sounding mesa rig)....just something that is light in weght and great for home jamming and the occasional get together with friends....how are those rocktron velocity amps.....or maybe a mosvlave? I will demo a mesa 20/20 this week...although a bit costly brand new...it could really make this a great rig for anything!

Decent and cheap well thats the Peavey 120/120

They go for 250-300 dollars on E-bay have presence and resonance controls like the 5150. Makes any of thier smaller poweramps sound like {censored}.Its f-in heavy and 4 rack spaces high but will out perform some Mesa and Marshall poweramps.

Oh, it can be quiet as you like or LOUDER THAN HELL!!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived