ENGL preamps

• Members

Originally posted by CxV8

I'd love to hear more about E570. Can you order it directly from Engl and for what price? Or any recommendations where to buy it in Europe?

M.Gilbert posted these direct(!) clips on Amp forum:

Beyer's Music in Bochum, Germany

Guitar Center in Cologne, Germany

Music Store in Cologne, Germany

it's going for around

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Originally posted by WhoCares

Hey man, I know this is an ENGL thread, but luv the XV5080! I have to keep the synth and guitar rigs seperate unfortunately. I'm anxious to try that 530 as well.

yah that gear is in my studio so i just put stuff where it fits..
i love the roland 5080 too. the engl 580 is the best ive heard
so far for guitar preamp.. im running the unit from mycomputer
i dont even turn those pretty knobs..what a shame!!!:D
i run the 580 into an eventide h8000 !!!what a sound!!!

• Members
Originally posted by millertime

whats a good free site to upload files

I'd be glad to host a couple of 580 clips for you. Just email them to me.

I got my 580 about 2 weeks ago. The preamp is awesome. Extremely versitile. The cleans sparkle, it has fantastic grind, the leads go from in your face to singing. The heavy tones are just brutal. It does a very good job at the just breaking up tones. Not great, but very good. Way better than my H&K Access. Oh yeah, it looks really cool ;)

I have played it out a few times now. I'm still dialing things in, but I am really liking this rig. The preamp really has a knack for cutting thru the rest of the band.

A fair review really isn't in order untill I get thru the honeymoon stage and start picking out the amps weak spots.

Right now my rig is:

ENGL 580 preamp
Lexicon G2 multi-effects w/ MPX R1 foot controller
Eventide Eclipse
Mesa Boogie Simulclass 2:90
Palmer PGA - 05
Axcess Electrontics G4 midi switcher/router
MASS stereo 100 attenuator
Crate Blue Voodoo 4x12 w/ V30 Celestions

• 1 year later...
  • Members

still cant decide on which preamp to get the 580 or 530...

the 580 looks great but engl just went up 500.00 on the list price:eek: is it worth all the money does it sound better than my triaxis or more flexible ? or should i get the 530 to complement my triaxis:)

there is one guy that plays with 580 preamp and has amazing tone. check: www.josedecastro.net

i have contacted with him and he said tome that the e570 (that i own) is a bit modern sound than 580.i also have tried the 530.
the 530 is the reason that filaly i bought an engl preamp.it s a very good preamp, different with the 570 especialy on the clean channel.the basic reason that i finaly bought the 570 was that i want to have midi control:)

• Members

still cant decide on which preamp to get the 580 or 530...

the 580 looks great but engl just went up 500.00 on the list price:eek: is it worth all the money does it sound better than my triaxis or more flexible ? or should i get the 530 to complement my triaxis:)

there is one guy that plays with 580 preamp and has amazing tone. check: www.josedecastro.net

i have contacted with him and he said tome that the e570 (that i own) is a bit modern sound than 580.i also have tried the 530.
the 530 is the reason that filaly i bought an engl preamp.it s a very good preamp, different with the 570 especialy on the clean channel.the basic reason that i finaly bought the 570 was that i want to have midi control:)

Archived