MPX G2 problem

• Members

I know that Lexicon will completely refurbish an MPX G2 for around $100 even if you are not the original owner.

I can't give you any specific help, but I can tell you to get another processor before the G2 becomes a major headache.

I had an MPX G2 for a year and it was the most unreliable piece of gear I've ever owned. It crashed on me on four different occasions at shows and it went back to Lexicon 3 times. They told me the main problem was a faulty battery design. Mine went through three batteries and it never worked properly. It sounded fantastic, but it's been a doorstop at my house for nearly three years now.

Sorry I can't be more encouraging. I'm just telling you my sad tale and I hope you don't suffer the same fate.

• Members

What do they do when they refurbish it ?

I believe they do whatever they can to make it work like new. You need to call them. The technical support guys are pretty easy to contact.

Mine was from the first run and they changed battery systems and some other things afterward. The thing that bothers me about how Lexicon handled it was that they were basically agreeing that my unit had a design flaw, but they weren't willing to give me a new one. It cost me $1500. I know there are many G2s giving guys great service, but mine was a POS and Lexicon did nothing to make it better.

• Members

Originally posted by ratkent

I believe they do whatever they can to make it work like new. You need to call them. The technical support guys are pretty easy to contact.

Mine was from the first run and they changed battery systems and some other things afterward. The thing that bothers me about how Lexicon handled it was that they were basically agreeing that my unit had a design flaw, but they weren't willing to give me a new one. It cost me $1500. I know there are many G2s giving guys great service, but mine was a POS and Lexicon did nothing to make it better.

I guess I am lucky then. Do you have any infos about the serial numbers of the defective units ?? I plan to keep mine for a long time since it is serving me very well !! I want it upgraded to the latest specs and if it costs only a hundred bucks, I think it's worth it...

Archived