Rack Delay Suggestions

• Members

Originally posted by Bulf6285

could you tell me a little more about the tc d2

The D2 is very easy to use and has a real straightforward user interface. It`s display is really informative and clear.

The unit sounds really good.

The symetrix 606 sounds great but is no longer made and lot more difficult to program.

The d2 is readily available and is very easy to program.

Tom

• Members

I hope this is not too redundant a question. I LOVE using stomp boxes... it is just a hassle to tap dance on all of them. I recently got the DMC audio switcher and the ground control to use all of them. I have been using a Line 6 Delay unit for my delay sounds... problem is that I can only use ONE of the sounds with my new set up... SO!

I am looking for an affordable rack unit effects processor with midi controllable capabilities... I would be open to a multi effects unit to play around with different sounds.. but for the most part it will be for different delay sounds.

I am very new to the rack mount world... most of what i have found is for studio purposes.. not necessarily for just guitar to amp (though I can't imagine that there would be too much of a difference for a processor for studio that can be used in multiple settings... ie voice, drums...etc... so it should work in a guitar rig)

I did look at the Line 6 rack delay but was not ready for the price tag that came with it!!!

any help?

• Members

I had already read between the lines and that`s why I suggested the Dtwo.

I owned 2 dtwo`s and sold them both and replaced them with a symetrix 606.

The 606 definately goes deeper and sounds better as well but it`s not a novice users delay unit.

No point in confusing things.

Tom

• 3 years later...
  • Members

Looking for a rack delay unit. Anyone have any reccomendations? I'd like something versatile, that includes standard delays as well as stuff like ping pongs and what not.

Thanks!

I really like the old Roland delay units. They sound great, easy to program, and are inexpensive now.

The D2 is cool too. It's extremely versatile with tons of features.

Scott

• Members

Generally, I second both the D-2 and the 606

For general delay use, I''d prob suggest the D-2 over the 606

The 606 has deep deep editing (though the controls are laid out pretty logically) which allows a lot of delay-based processing that isn't so much your "echobox" type stuff (though it does that quite well)

The multi-tap system on the D-2 can get really neat, esp if you use delay rhtymically, or as a "canon in a box", etc...stuff that isn't so much "ambience processing" but require distinct 'events'

Archived