Rackmount Reverb

• Members

Sorry guys, i've never posted here before but i do read it most weeks to get opinions and i'm just looking for some advice.

i'm looking for the best reverb you can get, nothing else, i just want something that i can rackmount, it can be a pedal as i have a ground control pro so can put pedals in my rack, i play alot of rock, think early aerosmith, stones, gnr etc and am looking for a decent reverb processor to run into my marshall jmp

cheers for any advice

Joe

• Members

The term "the best reverb" and "guitar rig" don't really go together. If you are putting reverb through your guitar cabinets all the delicate nuances of the finest reverb processor, the Lexicon 960L at $21,000, is totally wasted. That said, there isn't a reverb pedal worth a damn so we won't go there. For a good sounding reverb processor that isn't complete overkill, take a look at, new, a TC Electronic M-One or Kurzweil Rumour, used a Lexicon MPX1 or TC Electronic M2000. They are under $500 and provide excellent reverbs that are more than good enough for any demanding guitar rig.

I use reverb on nearly all my clean tones and have been using a Rocktron Intelliverb for those. It's an excellent unit if you can find one used as they haven't made them in about 8 years.

• Members

cheers, i might try e-bay for an intelleverb,

every pedal i've found has been useless, even the holy grail couldnt come near to its name, i dont use reverb live on my distorted tone, its for my clean, i'm looking for something subtle that doesnt sound like complete c***

cheers again

Joe

Archived