Behringer BTR2000

• Members

I was under the impression that they haven't shipped yet. I'm picking one up as soon as they are available. Being that it's a Behringer product, I'm not expecting much, but if it actually delivers everything that the specs promise, it will be an absolute steal.

• Members

Nevermind, I found one $59.95.

Features

Multi-functional tuner including built-in microphone for use with acoustic instruments

Useful metronome, adjustable from 30 to 240 bpm with audible and visual beat indicator. You can also work on-the-fly with the manual TAP tempo function

Integrated, switchable racklights with high-power LEDs for absolute control over your rack gear

11 different tuner modes (e. g. "chromatic", "banjo" or open tunings) based on 12 equally tempered tones

Manual or automatic A-tone standard pitch calibration from 428 Hz to 452 Hz in 1-Hz increments, transposable by a maximum of

• Members

Sorry for the third post.

It certainly isn't getting good reviews. People say its slow.

Quality:

It's built well, looks good, has great features, a cool light, multiple routing/muting options, a metronome, you can make it look like KIT the Trans Am from NIGHT RIDER.... But it is one of the SLOWEST responding tuners, and inaccurate tuners I have every had to deal with. It doesn't pick up on the notes your playing, or the changes from note to note. It's like it has to clear its memory every time. It got to the point that I pulled my boss tuner pedal out and sat it on top of my rack and ignored the Behringer. After getting off the road, I took and compared my Boss tuner, online tuner, a guitar mounted tuner, a Peterson strobe at the studio, and the Behringer... ALL of the other ones agreed. The Behringer had me almost 2 cents sharp of 440.. it was like 441.5. Very, very disappointing.

Check out

http://www.zzounds.com/productreview--BEHBTR2000

• Members

Get the StroboStomp and be done with it. Far more accurate and I think that having a tuner in your rack is way overrated. I used to have one, but I find that having it on the pedalboard in front of me is much more useful than in the rack behind me.

I would not set my intonation with a rack tuner......the Peterson Strobostomp is the tops.

• Members

The pro way to do this would be to have your guitar go right to the rack (as you are now...good stuff), then buffer and split the signal (many ways to do this, BS-2, GRX-4 from Axess are 2 I like) and send one side to the rest of your rack and the other back out out to the pedalboard (or just to the floor for you since you don't have pedalboard) and have your tuner right there. Tuner is out of line, your signal is buffered, and you have no BS between the guitar and the rack.

If you have a rack, how do you control it with out anything on the floor?? You must have something, no??

• Members

Originally posted by FastGoKart

Per my last post, using the GRX-4 as your buffer splitter would actually give you the ability to do silent tuning if you had a MIDI controller. And obviously, silent tuning is much cooler and pro and tuning with the volume up.....
:)

This is exactly what I use and run it to my Strobostomp (which is a GREAT tuner). I also run from the Strobostomp out to my Banshee so it doesn't need to be inline with my signal path.

• Members

I have a rack and an FCB1010 that controls. Even my noise gate pedal is in my rack. I avoid having anything at my feet other than the FCB so a rack tuner is more convenient.

Does the StroboStomp have a Buzz Feiten tunning mode?

• Members

Yes it has BF mode....and as far as I know, no rack tuner does.

I used to have a rack tuner (Korg). It was not as accurate, no BF mode, and took up a whole rack space. Further I had to turn around to tune and I did not have silent tuning back then......

I will never go back.

Just suggestions for you from someone that has done both. Good luck with whatever solution you decide on.

• Members

I have a midimate and some homemade midi switching boards.

I'm working on a new remote looper.

I think splitting the signal out to a tuner pedal give me some possibiities I haven't thought of before.

I also have a second rack, which houses a Pod XT Pro. The Pod has a tuner built in and its own remote switcher board. But it doesn't have the sound of the Marshall and analog effects.

Thanks

• Members

Funny that it turns out i already have a split signal.

The Dunlop rack mounted wah has a thru jack. Plugged it into a Boss TU-2. Problem solved. And I was going to pick up a Korg tuner tomorrow.

Thanks.

Now if I only new what what a BF tuning mode was.

• Members

Originally posted by succubus

Funny that it turns out i already have a split signal.

The Dunlop rack mounted wah has a thru jack. Plugged it into a Boss TU-2. Problem solved. And I was going to pick up a Korg tuner tomorrow.

Thanks.

Now if I only new what what a BF tuning mode was.

http://www.buzzfeiten.com/

Also, peterson tuners are awesome. That is all.

Wes

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I owned the behringer rack tuner for a day or two. I returned it to my local shop & put the money toward a Boss TU-2.

I liked the light, liked the build and look and the features. In practice, I found it way too twitchy. The lights would twitch back and forth, making it very difficult to actually tune my guitar.

I'd say Behringer had everything right except the tuning part.

• Members

I have this unit in my rack.

For the money, its amazing, comes with a rack light which I didnt know about. The tuning is pretty much spot on. It is a bit laggy in responce, but ive not had a problem tuning wise, where it really matters.

Id definatly reccommend it if your on a tight budget. Hell, id recommend it anyways.

• Members

I was emailing back and forth with someone who bought a Behringer. I was really curious about the dual outputs, thinking that maybe with the optional footswitch, I could use it a bit like an A/B box. He said that it won't work like that, as the second output just passes reference tones and metronome clicks.

Anyone know if the Sabine rack tuners (dual output version) can send the guitar signal to two amps at once?

Archived