Stereo and wet/dry with the Access

• Members

My new experiment with the Access is to connect my Roland RSP-550 in the 'Loop A send and Loop B return' for all my whacky stereo panning effects in series.

For my wet/dry I use a TC Electronic M-One for my effects.

With the FCB1010 expression pedal I can adjust the 'Balance' to control the wet/dry ratio.

THIS PREAMP IS AWESOME.

Jun

• Members

I started unlocking some serious tonal potential last night on mine too. This is seriously one of the highest quality, best preamps ever made.

It's easily in the league of cae, bogner, soldano, etc.

I'm using loop B for the harmonizer. It's pretty seamless.

I would be using loop c for delay and reverb, but I haven'tsolved my phasing problem yet.:(

• Members

I finally got my Access back from the Shop (the Stageboard hasn't worked properly since I got it and it's been sent off to Hughes & Kettner twice to be fixed and finally sorted).

I really need to get the rest of my rig sorted so I can take full advantage of this thing.

One thing I'm not totally sure on is how the Balance feature works. Either of you guys care to explain in to me a bit?

• Members

Originally posted by Word Bearer

I finally got my Access back from the Shop (the Stageboard hasn't worked properly since I got it and it's been sent off to Hughes & Kettner twice to be fixed and finally sorted).

I really need to get the rest of my rig sorted so I can take full advantage of this thing.

One thing I'm not totally sure on is how the Balance feature works. Either of you guys care to explain in to me a bit?

put it on 63 and leave it.

It's a left/right control.

• Members

Assign 'balance' to an expression pedal to pan the signal or control the wet/dry ratio.

For $150 new, the Behringer FCB1010 w/the two expression pedals is a perfect match with the Access. My only gripe is that the expression pedal MIDI channel is global.

I LOVE THIS PREAMP!!! I can't believe I was even thinking about selling it.

Jun

• Members

Originally posted by Word Bearer

That's what I thought, so how do you control the wet/dry ratio with it?

mix L/R to mono on a line mixer

make L wet

make R dry

send them both to mono ins on a rane sm82 or sm26 line mixer

use midi Contiuous control to pan between wet and dry.

THat's the way I understand it, at least.

• Members

I connect a TC M-one on the left line out and the right side goes directly to the power amp.

I've also been expreimenting with a decent clean tone on 'Tube 1'.

gain 36 (or as low as possible)

bass 127

mid 90

treble 127

presence 127

with both treble and mid boost on.

I might experiment with an EH 12AT7 in that tube socket, like I did with pretty good results in the Piranha thanks to Groove King's suggestion.

Jun

• Members

Guitarslinger,

I don't use a line mixer. With the Access it is an unnecessay degradation of the signal IMHO. Have you listened to the Access without going thru the Rane mixer?

I know you had a problem with the SE-50 not capable of 100% wet. Try connecting the SE-50 from the Loop A send and return it to Loop B. This will give you a stereo returned serial loop.

Jun

• Members

With an expression pedal you can control the output of an effect. Not quite ratio, but for instance you can gradually mix in a heavy reverb with a pedal.

Word Bearer, you're gonna have to ditch that stageboard and atleast get a MIDI pedal that can accomodate expression pedals to control almost ANY parameter on your effects unit i.e. tremolo rates, tremolo depth, reverb output, the actual pitch on the pitch shifter, etc.

Controlling the 'Gain' on the Access with an exp. pedal is pretty interesting also.

Jun

• Members

Connect an efx loop from send A to return B in stereo.

Now if you engage both 'Loop A' and 'Loop B' front panel buttons you get a serial efx loop, returning in stereo.

But here is the bonus.

Only engage 'loop B' and you get a parallel loop because the 'loop A' send is always sending whether the front panel button is pressed or not.

Do you follow this?

So now my rig is wet/dry, serial and parallel efx with only two efx units and no external mixer!!!

MAN, DO I LOVE THIS PREAMP.

Jun

Archived