TC electronics GMAJOR vs ROCKTRON XPRESSION

• Members

Personally, I wouldn't bother with the Xpression. For about the same price you could get the Replifex which is bascially a Xpression with amp channel switching relays that was made in the USA and built like a tank. I've used my Replifex for both live and studio use since 95'/96' without issues. It's much closer to the G-Major in features than the Xpression and better built than both.

I've never used a G-Major but I own a G-Force. It's a very flexable FX processor and probably the best all-in-one for live use. That said, its not perfect...and lacks some of the mojo of the old Rocktron stuff IMO.

You said that the Cobra has a parallel FX loop, in my time with the Rocktron stuff I've found that they work best with a serial loop, but they'll sound fine with a parallel loop as well.

• Members

The Replifex/MultiValve had been discontinued for years, then Rocktron re-released them in stripped down form as the Xpression.

Most Rocktron rack MFX processors use a 9VAC/.5A wall-wart type of power supply...I've never been to you part of the globe but I'm sure you could find a adapter at some local electronics shop that will work.

• Members

Xpression is made in China, I had two Digitech's also made in China and they broke one after anther and when I wanted to get an Xpression I read reviews on this web-site and threw the idea out of my mind at once, because of some popping/slapping sounds on many of Xpression's preserts. Since ever I'm slightly afraid of Chinese pieces, despite their small prices (the Xpression is about $400 here)

Archived