Rocktron Intellifex VS Xpression

• Members

so...i live in perth western AUSTRALIA

i can get an Xpression for around $700AUS and i will have warranty.

or i can "Buy it Now" on ebay from Germany a used Intellifex LTD

im mainly wanting delay reverb and chorus...maybe compressor.

from searching on here it would seem the Intellifex is the better choice (ducking delay) and the Xpression is mainly for phaser/flangers.

what would you do if you were me?

id prefer the satisfaction of knowing whatever i get has warranty and a compatable powersupply but i really want the best delay/reverb i can get

• Members

I have owned both an Intellifex and an Xpression and never had problems with either. They are both multi effects units and have similar configurations with the Xpression slightly higher end.

They have similar effects but I do know the Xpression has a flanger. There are different versions of the Intellifex. I think the LTD is a lo-end one, not sure.

Regardless they are BOTH reliable and well built. You will be happy with either one but I would go with the Xpression simply for the fact that you get a warranty with it.

good luck

• Members

I would be interested in the Xpression because it seems 24bit, but i'm not sure it has such verity of reberbs and delays as the Intellifex does. I talked to a few local Xression owners and they seemed quite happy. What I myself need is reverbs, delays, choruses and tremolos. The tremolo is absent in the Intellifex and (unless I'm mistaken) presented in the Xpression. But my dream is the Yamaha 990, one unit rack device stuffed with all that stuff.

• Members

thanks for the repiles...im leaning more towards the Xpression for the warranty and i may be able to try it out with my amp(framus cobra) before i buy.

but i get keep hearing about their unreliability from some people and that theyre great from some people. i would like the extra delay and reverbs on the intellifex over the extra features on the Xpression...but in the future i may want more effects

decision decisions.

can anyone else comment on the Rocktron Xpressions reliability?

• Members

The Xpression does have Tremolo. In comparing the Intelli vs. the Xpression, I'd say the Intelli has less coloration with delay and reverb (the one I had anyway, can't remember the model #). But there are different versions so I don't if they are all like that. Nothing big, but you can tell the difference at first.

The delays and verbs are not top notch Eventide, Lexicon stuff, but for the price they rock. I'm totally happy with mine.

The only things I don't use on it are the HUSH (use an ISP Decimator), cab sim (Use an ADA MicroCab) and the pitch shift (use a Digitech IPS-33B) Pitch shift is not very good.

No complaints on any other effects.

You can also check out a Replifex too.

But you can't beat the warranty deal.

I've never had any problems with mine except with MIDI set up that was rectified by someone here. Function wise it's built like a tank and works smoothly

Rocktron tech support was always helpful when I needed assistance.

ugh! sorry for being long winded :thu:

Archived