Mixer, eq, cool stuff

gskuse

• Members

Yesterday I added a mixer and eq to my growing rack. I am impressed by the flexibility the mixer provides, enabling me to mix wet and dry signals as if I had a parallel fx loop. For practice I can also put a drum machine in the mix.

I do have a question though. Where should I place the eq? Currently I have fx send --> g-major --> reverb --> eq --> mixer --> fx return. Should the eq be placed earlier in the signal path?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Yesterday I added a mixer and eq to my growing rack. I am impressed by the flexibility the mixer provides, enabling me to mix wet and dry signals as if I had a parallel fx loop. For practice I can also put a drum machine in the mix.

I do have a question though. Where should I place the eq? Currently I have fx send --> g-major --> reverb --> eq --> mixer --> fx return. Should the eq be placed earlier in the signal path?

You might try putting the eq 1st in the signal chain so that you can shape the signal before it gets to your effects, see wha tyou like best. The way you have it seems fine.

Archived