More Rack questions

• Members

Here we go again. Looks like as long as the guy selling the G-Force sticks to it I will be adding that for effects. So the rack is as follows:

Furman, Audio technica wireless, Randall RM4 Pre, Rane parametric eq, Gforce, Randall RT2/50 Power. I have and ABY and a single space mixer coming for my two amp deal and I think a second RM4 or a JMP1 will be in order for the second amp section...

here comes the question: Would an exciter be a good addition to the whole thing or an unneeded item? I have a bud who's looking to get rid of one and I could pick it up for free.

Good Lord the bug has bitten me bad on this rig!

~Kurt:rawk:

• Members

Here we go again. Looks like as long as the guy selling the G-Force sticks to it I will be adding that for effects. So the rack is as follows:

Furman, Audio technica wireless, Randall RM4 Pre, Rane parametric eq, Gforce, Randall RT2/50 Power. I have and ABY and a single space mixer coming for my two amp deal and I think a second RM4 or a JMP1 will be in order for the second amp section...

here comes the question: Would an exciter be a good addition to the whole thing or an unneeded item? I have a bud who's looking to get rid of one and I could pick it up for free.

Well, if it's free...pick it up and try it out and let your ears be the judge. But I seriously doubt you will need it with your RM4/G-Force combo.

Nice rig BTW.:thu:

• Members

Thanks! I think my wife is getting ready to kill me but the build is fun! I'll be getting the Gforce and a ground control for $800 or less. So the price is right. The exciter seemed like an interseting piece but I don't know how necessary it would be with a parametric in the mix. Not even fully sure what the exciter does...

• Members

Another quick question before I pull the trigger. My randall stuff is all midi. Am I correct in assuming that the ground control footswitch will also switch amp channels on the pre and power amp? My POD XTLive currently does, so I would assume the same would hold true for the higher end stuff....

~Kurt

• Members

Another quick question before I pull the trigger. My randall stuff is all midi. Am I correct in assuming that the ground control footswitch will also switch amp channels on the pre and power amp? My POD XTLive currently does, so I would assume the same would hold true for the higher end stuff....

~Kurt

Yup.

• Members

Save your $$$, no need with the amps you have. :thu:;)

Archived