Rock Master and ART Pro Channel

• Members

ART Pro Channel:

http://www.artproaudio.com/products.asp?id=4&cat=1&type=79

is an all tube mic pre, compressor and semi parametric EQ, where each component can be accessed individually.

Since the Rock Master has an insane amount of serial loops, I connected the compressor > clean channel loop and the EQ > crunch/ultra channel loop.

The RM's clean channel starts sounding less 'sterile' with the gain past 5 but the distortion channels wouldn't keep up volume wise. The very natural sounding compressor's output now controls volume.

The EQ sounds fantastic easily giving this 80's tone monster a modern touch, esp. after boosting 120 and 3k a few db.

The mic pre, by incorporating a Peavey MIDIpro (8 relays and loop switchers), is now my solo boost and master control for lower volume wanking.

Four spaces only for the preamp section!!! That's why I love rack gear!!:love:

Jun

• Members

I have the older ART Tube Channel and a Rock Master in my recording rack, although I'm using them a bit differently. I use the EQ section of the Tube Channel to warm up a solid state ART DST-4 preamp. I've never tried the compressor. I use that ART setup for lead tracks, and the Rock Master for rhythms, with each going into its own channel of a Carvin Tube 100 power amp.

Archived