Digitech TSR24 tap tempo

• Members

I just got a NOS TSR24 with supposedly a full year of warranty.

The fact that any parameter is controllable via expression pedal is a great touch. I've been looking for a unit that has 'delay spillover' but with the TSR24 I can control the 'input', for one of the delay taps, to the mixer via exp pedal.

I'm having trouble accessing the 'delay time' parameter from the Behringer FCB1010 though. I can assign the exp pedal but I would like to use the same pedal for program change to access the tap tempo.

Any tips?

Jun

• Members

Unless the TSR24 (been years since I've tweaked one) are different than the 2101's there's no tap tempo function. You can however roll the delay time with a CC. Not the same thing I know but that processor does SO much right it's hardly an oversight. After all, it was introduced in the early 90's. IIRC, the tap tempo (tapit) didn't come into play till the Studio/2112/2120 stuff.

• Members

According to the TSR-24S manual on-line, there's a BPM parameter (?) that's not present in my TSR-24.

I'm ordered the 'S' upgrade from Germany.

Tap tempo, only with the Digitech controller, is a questionable GSP1101 decision.

Jun

• Members

....... but that processor does SO much right it's hardly an oversight.

I just installed the new eproms from Germany (adds a chromatic tuner, auto wah etc). The TSR24s is a great unit tap temp or not. Hard to believe it's almost 15 years old.

Jun

• Members

I swear the 2101 had tap tempo. I didn't have it very long, but I could've swore I remembered tapping a button on front for delay tempo. Hmmm, apparently it was something else. :confused: Sorry about that.

The TSR24 sounds awesome though, doesn't it? :thu:

• Members

It's the best $100, including the 'S' upgrade, I spent in a long time!

Is the chromatic tuner accessible via MIDI somehow?

Jun

Yep, it's amazing considering it runs off a 20mhz CPU, I guess those ex Lexicon/Eventide guys had a little to do with that.:thu:

I dunno, my 24S w/PPC is scheduled for delivery on Monday...and won't have any time with it till Friday.:cry:

I'll let you know then, unless you've figured it out already.;)

• Members

It's the best $100, including the 'S' upgrade, I spent in a long time!

Is the chromatic tuner accessible via MIDI somehow?

Jun

Finally got some quality time with it today...MP-1 + TSR24S + DCM150 + Boogie 4x12 = :love:

Not too sure about triggering it from MIDI but the tuner can be accessed via the footswitch jack. The FS-300 is VERY easy to build.

• Members

I couldn't find a way to access the tuner via MIDI. The tuner has a hard time getting a good steady reading.

Building my own algorithms is a lot of fun, although it's hard to decide which parameters to control via the FCB1010's CC and expression pedals.

Great unit!

Jun

Archived