My rack has doubled in size..

• Members

Yea, i had no idea they existed either.. I saw one on Bevis Audio's site, and then searched on Ebay.. The rest is history..

i guess they only made them for a few years in the early 80's.. Its just 2 rats in one rack space, both with the LM308N chip..

:thu:

• Members

I also threw in a new pair of Mesa tubes, sounds awesome.. I have no idea what was in there, but they didnt sound that good..

I cant wait to see what this sounds like with the Green Berets i have coming in the mail..

Drool.

• Members

It sounds good! Much like my brothers 5150, which i just love.. I just really like the super crunchy OD type sound, and the Mp1 does it rather nicely!! Ive been doing some reading though, and it seems the Mp1's fx loop is prone to some tone suckage due to some funky electronics layout or something, so i'm going to do some more placement switching of my equipment.. I'm also going to toss in my Pq4 in the mix to see what that can bring to the table.. :thu:

I think i'm also going to get the Beringher 1010 midi pedal, it's right in my price range (used) and its more than enough for my needs..

Woot

• Members

Try the MP-1 in series. The effects loop on it is a tone sucker and not recommended. There is also an effects loop mod. :)

And if you have an XLR connection to where ever you're recording use that with the MCI. :)

• Members

might be worth cutting your power cables a bit shorter - when you wind them up like that, they can create some interference, cos you're making a coil which has current passing along it and this can create a magnetic field. once you've decided on your final layout, just cut them to length and re-attach the plug.

sim

• Members

Isnt the fx loop already in series? Or you just mean putting the SDD in line after the Mp1? I saw that mod, but it looks kinda intense.. Sooo.. Yeah.

Try the MP-1 in series. The effects loop on it is a tone sucker and not recommended. There is also an effects loop mod.
:)

And if you have an XLR connection to where ever you're recording use that with the MCI.
:)

• Members

Yea, that sounds like a good idea.. I'm always shifting around equipment though, so i dont really want to cut the power cables etc..

might be worth cutting your power cables a bit shorter - when you wind them up like that, they can create some interference, cos you're making a coil which has current passing along it and this can create a magnetic field. once you've decided on your final layout, just cut them to length and re-attach the plug.

sim

Archived