Switchblade 8

• Members

A few times I've seen Zachman suggest this product (well, the GL & 8B versions), both to myself and others. I think there are some members that have it too.

It seems a very versatile unit. I'm wondering how others have incorporated it into their rigs and what they get out of them.

And I need to wonder, because I just won one :idea: .

• Members

From what I understand, it's like a looper (GCX etc) except that you can arrange the loops in any order, preset by preset, plus a programmable line mixer, all in one. Very cool concept... I'm sure you'll get a lot out of it, but it may take a bit of getting your head round :)

• Members

From what I understand, it's like a looper (GCX etc) except that you can arrange the loops in any order, preset by preset, plus a programmable line mixer, all in one. Very cool concept... I'm sure you'll get a lot out of it, but it may take a bit of getting your head round
:)

Cool, thanks.

Yeah this is the 'unbalanced' version without the Trims, or something. The 8B is 'balanced', and the GL has 16 loops as well as balanced connections. I'm not too concerned about balanced signals (even though I know it makes a difference when set up correctly) and this was a bargain so I figured I'd snag it.

I already have a GCX (well, just recently), so I thought I'll use that purely for relay switching amp channels & functions, and use the Switchblade for the effects & amp routing stuff. And I also have that Niche Audio Control Module.

• Members

quite simply, it's the coolest thing in the world. basically, it's a matrix. anything plugged into it can be patched to anything else plugged in. you can attenuate the volumes. it has footswitch simulators that can be set per preset (very very cool). just read the manual. if you have any questions, ken (the guy who builds 'em) is always great about helping out. after a few days spent with it, you'll start to wonder how you ever did without it. needless to say, i'm a huge sound sculpture fan. nothing else on the market comes close.

-jim

• 2 weeks later...

Archived