are "pops" and "clicks" Ground Loops???

J.Paul

• Members

yeah... sounds like that usually mean that some sort of switch is popping. I don't think the GCX would do that though, they're designed not to do that...

what else is in your rack? Does it always pop or only when you switch on a certain effect/processor? Then you might have a ground problem.

~Andy

• Members

That's what I originally thought and spent almost $100 to send the new warrantied units back to Voodoo for inspection/servicing....

but according to them, my GCXs and Ground Control are perfect.

It could be the true bypass loops of the GCX popping.

• Members

Pretty simple routing, but it doesn't matter else is in my rack, it was doing the same thing with nothing connected (except for one loop and it didn't matter which pedal I put in that loop) before I sent it back to Voodoo.....

2008rack-pedalboard.jpg

Yes I think it always pops, it's louder in some loops (but I think that pertains to the gain of what's in that loop).

yeah... sounds like that usually mean that some sort of switch is popping. I don't think the GCX would do that though, they're designed not to do that...

what else is in your rack? Does it always pop or only when you switch on a certain effect/processor? Then you might have a ground problem.

~Andy

• Members

I've been troubleshooting this for 9 months and want my life back.

I guess I need to haul my entire rack down to a store and ask if I can try an axess (or something), if there's no clicks, pops, or hums then the issue is with the voodoo.

Am I an an asshole?

Is it encumbant on me to PURCHASE another loop system FIRST just to troubleshoot for this?

Archived