rack questions

• Members

noob to racks so i dont know if this is the right place to post but if i got a 5150 that i want to deepen the sound and make it a lil clearer with mods what should i run... i know power conditioner, i think an eq, some type pf boost, what else do you thikn is needed or if any of that would be good...

sorry to ask such a vague question but i really like the whole rack idea of no cable clutter of numerous pedals on stage so any input with be greatly appreciated...

thanks a million guys

• Members

First off, you need to know that in order to avoid the "cable clutter" you are probably going to have to invest in a Midi setup of some type. In order to get the versatility that it sounds like you want, you're going to need a switching system of some variety as well.

An EQ and a noise reduction unit can do wonders for clearing up and shaping the tone of an amp. With a switching system you can run some traditional floor style pedals (contained in the rack) that help further your cause per se.

There isn't a whole lot that you can't get done with a Midi rig, so what you need to do is sit down and start thinking about everything that you really want and everything that you really need, consider that you'll probably need some room for expansion in the future as well. There are countless ways to go about putting this type of rig together, so it's difficult for anyone to speculate without knowing a lot more about your goals.

• Members

First off, you need to know that in order to avoid the "cable clutter" you are probably going to have to invest in a Midi setup of some type. In order to get the versatility that it sounds like you want, you're going to need a switching system of some variety as well.

An EQ and a noise reduction unit can do wonders for clearing up and shaping the tone of an amp. With a switching system you can run some traditional floor style pedals (contained in the rack) that help further your cause per se.

There isn't a whole lot that you can't get done with a Midi rig, so what you need to do is sit down and start thinking about everything that you really want and everything that you really need, consider that you'll probably need some room for expansion in the future as well. There are countless ways to go about putting this type of rig together, so it's difficult for anyone to speculate without knowing a lot more about your goals.

A+ Post :thu:

• Members

i have a guitar rack of sorts,it has art levelir with 2 tubes,and a big old timey reverb with 2 tubes,and a dbx enhancer thing,I was wondering,if I run the songs I have recorded with a microphone into this rack instead of guitar(I dont use the rack anymore,just use amp now usely or rp250,) would this make the songs sound better,I have experimented with this some,but so far it seems to make them sound small and smushed,any advice from you guys and or ladies would be greatly appreciated,I never realy knew how to use it on guitar anyway,it always smushed the guitar sound ,but I would love to make the songs sound smoother but not tiny,thank s in advance

these are the songs I am referring to on the link

http://www.myspace.com/window100

Archived