Need Help From Peavey TUBEFEX Owners!!!!

mfergel

• Members

I bought a used Peavey Tubefex. The unit powers up but never leaves the initial screen. None of the buttons change anything. I opened it up and see that the internal battery is corroded. Are these symptoms of the bad battery? Will replacing the battery fix the unit or is there something more going on?

• Members

Take it to a tech...not a battery...the battery just saves your settings and keeps power to the memory....(to the best of my knowlege)

The ribbon that goes from the front buttons to the geenboard might be ajar...

I've used mine for years, and they are testy little buggers....

• Members

I bought a used Peavey Tubefex. The unit powers up but never leaves the initial screen. None of the buttons change anything. I opened it up and see that the internal battery is corroded. Are these symptoms of the bad battery? Will replacing the battery fix the unit or is there something more going on?

A corroded battery can leave your Tubefex with some issues especially if the the battery has leaked onto the mainboard. There was a battery-free mod available a while back from one of the members of the Tubefex user group.

I purchased 2 one for my Tubefex and the other for my TransFex 212 Pro combo (which currently has other issues). I'm not not dismissing the fact that there may be other problems with yours. However, the battey issue needs to be addressed as well. Lot's of usefull info @ the user group that's worth looking into.

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/tubefex/

Archived