Foot Controller

MDLMUSIC

• Members

Anybody know of a company that makes a simple light controller with on/off switches that can be foot operated? How simple would it be for an electrical ignoramus (me) to make one without starting a major fire? Would I need fuses/circuit breakers in the box? I envision a small board (1'x2') with 6 on/off switches plus a master switch? Any thoughts?

• Members

Originally posted by MDLMUSIC:

Anybody know of a company that makes a simple light controller with on/off switches that can be foot operated? How simple would it be for an electrical ignoramus (me) to make one without starting a major fire? Would I need fuses/circuit breakers in the box? I envision a small board (1'x2') with 6 on/off switches plus a master switch? Any thoughts?

I have seen foot controlers from American DJ and NSI. These are remote controllers in that they control remote dimmers (usually located on the lighting trees). You could put together a nice system for well under $1K

• Members

The foot controllers mentioned above, working with dimmer packs, work great!. We run lights from stage and have used both the "scene" function and the sound-activated modes. You can get a foot controller and dimmer pack for less than $300.

Archived