band lighting

djmel

• Members

Can anybody help? We are a 4 piece guitar band and would like some advice on the best lighting system to use for small to medium venues. I was considering parcans or maybe the acme caberet system or any other small easy to use system

Thanks,

Mel

• Members

what do you want your system to be able to do? how many seats do you consider a medium venue to be? what's your budget?

there are lots of options available.. especially if you consider purchasing used gear. that's why i'm asking.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

If ur a small band and just starting out then just get parcans....

go the 56's they are cool they only use if i remember correct 300w so they are cheap to hire and buy for that matter...

they are easy to use and put up and u can put wat eva gels in front of them and they look good for a band

Burge

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I'm looking at getting a small lighting setup, and I'm probably going to get 12 par 38's, because I can run 150W lamps in all of them on one 15A circuit. That was my main concern, to have a small system for 1 standard circuit.

I like par 56's, but not for this type of setup. Your requirements may differ from mine though. I really like Source 4 pars, but I doubt too many people use them for portable club lighting.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

american DJ or Chavet have lighting sets -

cheap, but complete, 4 - 150watt, tower, chase

controller... I got mine at GC for 179. + some gels

ended up buying another, and they work well for

the couple bands I play in that want effects on the lighting.

plus having the towers, I've been able to add a couple effect

units to the setup.

makes for a good solid foundation, portable and

cost effective.

-teleman

Archived