found lights

lucho_84

• Members

I don't think I've posted here but once. Anyway, I happened to stumble into a closet full of what I think are old lights. I amke that assumption because I can't find any info on any of them. Here's the list. The first 3 are by a company named "Strand Century Lighting" and the 4th by "Berkley Colortran". Once again, I couldn't find any info on any of them.

1) Ellipsoidials - catalog # 2135 x4

2) Fresnel - catalog # 3342 x8

3) ?? - catalog # 2321 x4

4) 6" thater fresnel mod # 213-205 (Berkley Colortran) x2

what are these lights worth? are they of good quality or are they cheap lights? thanx for any info

luis

:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Sorry I never posted those pictures. Turns out the lock is messed up on the door and as bad as I wanted to kick it in, they wouldn't let me:( Oh well, I guess we'll just keep using them now that we've found them thanks anyway guys. And by the way...why aren't there alot of people on this forum like all other forums?

Luis:)

• Members

Originally posted by lucho_84

...why aren't there alot of people on this forum like all other forums?

I don't think most musicians care about lighting. I don't either, really. I just come in here when I'm really, really bored. Like now.

Oh, and if you've got a decent ligthing rig, some of those lights might be useful. Both Strand and Colortran are well-known theatrical lighting companies, although I doubt the lights are worth too much. Fresnels are pretty cheap anyway, and most people don't want old ellipsoidals, since Source-4 style lights are much more popular now, for good reason.

I'm sure you've already figured out how to use them, but I don't know how much use you have for them. Cool find though, I know I wouldn't mind having a few theatrical lights. Although, I get a lot more use out of Par cans, in a band situation.

• Members

Originally posted by lucho_84

And by the way...why aren't there alot of people on this forum like all other forums?

I think this forum has matured and is continuing to do so. The problem (not a problem really) is that many people are used to having crap lighting at venues they turn up to play in. Most people are used to not having to think about lights.

Thing is, as time moves on and items become cheaper and cheaper, there will be an increased movement of muso's becoming interested in their light show. It's much more valuable than many people think for getting your musical point across to the audience...

Archived