Cheap UV Setup for a Halloween party

Chao

• Members

Does anyone have a suggestion for a cheap in and out of home UV solution? I'm thinking of going with WildFire paints and UV dyes for drinks and decor, glow in the dark beads, and a number of other assorted things for the party.

Can anyone offer any suggestions for a cheap UV setup or other lighting tricks that may work? (Gels for all other lighting, etc.)

Thanks!

Edit: Just bought 12x 18" Blacklights off eBay, so that should cover me for UV lamps, any reactive suggestions would be great at this point :)

• Members

Originally posted by Chao

Does anyone have a suggestion for a cheap in and out of home UV solution? I'm thinking of going with WildFire paints and UV dyes for drinks and decor, glow in the dark beads, and a number of other assorted things for the party.

Can anyone offer any suggestions for a cheap UV setup or other lighting tricks that may work? (Gels for all other lighting, etc.)

Thanks!

Edit: Just bought 12x 18" Blacklights off eBay, so that should cover me for UV lamps, any reactive suggestions would be great at this point
:)

You can buy UV sensitive card from some art suppliers. We used to cut shapes out of them for the party. If there are some kids around, they love that sort of stuff (even if they are too young to come to the party.. ;) ).

Get some blue tack and stick the shapes to the walls..

Other than that, get yourself some cuts of lighting gel. Ambers and lilacs are always good. You can then use the gels by poking them in existing lights and lampshades.. Cheap and effective..

Rimmer

• 1 month later...

Archived