L.E.D. Bulb for PAR46 and PAR56 cans?

cmgunn

• Members

None of the LED replacement lamp offerings are good enough. The end cost of retrofitting everything to LED lamps combined with the disappointment that the output sucks and the CRI is so far off from regular sources that your gels look completely different and crappy colors isn't worth it when you can just buy RGB LED fixtures.

• Members

Then you did it badly. ;)

The first Google result on my link there takes you to a place selling LED PAR bulbs.

EDIT: The Google spiders sure do work fast... this here thread is the 5th result for the Google search that I posted in the first reply!

• Members

Then you did it badly.
;)

The first Google result on my link there takes you to a place selling LED PAR bulbs.

EDIT: The Google spiders sure do work fast... this here thread is the 5th result for the Google search that I posted in the first reply!

The first Google result on your link had "Par56 sized" bulbs, they still use a screw base.

• Members

There are LEDs that fit in the cans... but as stated they do not dim. Irradiant also has come out with a 5 watt color changing bulb similar to the ADJ 3 watt that uses a controller to change colors.

I no nothing about the reto kits... I looked into them, but it seemed by the time you bought, and put the time into changing, it was easier and sometimes less expensive to just buy new cans...

Archived