DMXIS

Axisplayer

• Members

Anyone here using DMXIS and an 01v96? The 01v96 has a set of pushbuttons that are User Defined Keys and can be programmed to send Midi messages from the 01v96. They can be Control Change, Program Change or Note messages. The pad is an 8 button pad with 8 layers so you have 64 possible messages. If I program the top two buttons on each layer to be FORWARD or BACKWARD for the keypad layers I would have 48 (6 buttons on 8 layers) messages left to work with.

I can only transmit or send on 1 channel for each (ie I could set channel 15 to send and 16 to receive.)

I am thinking that I could program preset scenes such as Blue Wash, Red Wash, White Wash, Blue wash with Figure 8 Scanners, Red wash with Scanner Fan, etc. Instead of running preprogrammed shows, I am thinking this would let me busk shows on the fly from a palette of 48 scenes which should be OK for most things. I could build these key layers for Blue scenes, Red scenes, Laser Scenes, etc and have groups of scenes for each of those color moods.

Wondering if this would work (technically probably yes, but in use I am not sure....) What do you guys think?

PS: From what I see of the demo I downloaded, if DMXIS had transparent scenes and an FX generator it would be the PERFECT controller for me, but I think it might be workable anyway.

• Members

Should work, as long as you can change the note numbers that are sent so that they match up with the desired preset in DMXIS. That's how I run my shows, with a little Korg Nano Pad MIDI controller sending note messages. It has 4 different banks that can send different note messages for different sets/songs etc. Works great, even playing keyboards at the same time.

What do you mean by "transparent" scenes?

• Members

"Transparent scenes" means that you can record certain information for a scene and not other. For example, with a scanner you could set the color to red for scene 1, blue for scene 2, and green for scene 3. For the same scanner you could set the position to whatever (or a circle or square macro) and make that scene 4. You select scene 4 and the scanner starts moving but by then selecting scenes 1, 2, or 3 you can change the color OF scene 4 without having to program the same movement in each color. If you program 12 colors and then 12 movements, you have 24 scenes but they can be combined to produce 144 scenes on the fly. It makes the options when working on the fly much easier.

Archived