Amber/WW LED cans similar to PAR cans?

• Members

Potts, you might try putting your stands up a little higher if that is possible. Also I had considered getting a light cover from a home improvement store (the type you see over florescent lighting) and cutting circles out that would fit inside the shell of the can if mine were too bright. I'd say that a soldering gun would do a good job at cutting (melting) them out. I remember seeing someone do that once upon a time on a forum. It would surely lower the intensity of the light, though the wash may not be as smooth looking with the "diffuser" in place... just a cheap thought.

We've used them for a few jams in the basement and they are going out on their first bar gig tonight. Overall, I still stand by them being a good deal, even if they are a one trick pony. :thu:

• Members

Thanks Snare! I appreciate all the input.I'm going to try raising them a little higher first and see how that works. The diffuser sounds like a nice inexpensive way to fix the problem if raising them doesn't work. And I'll say it again too...these are a great way to add a nice look to your band on the cheap.

Potts, you might try putting your stands up a little higher if that is possible. Also I had considered getting a light cover from a home improvement store (the type you see over florescent lighting) and cutting circles out that would fit inside the shell of the can if mine were too bright. I'd say that a soldering gun would do a good job at cutting (melting) them out. I remember seeing someone do that once upon a time on a forum. It would surely lower the intensity of the light, though the wash may not be as smooth looking with the "diffuser" in place... just a cheap thought.

We've used them for a few jams in the basement and they are going out on their first bar gig tonight. Overall, I still stand by them being a good deal, even if they are a one trick pony.
:thu:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I think I'll order 8 of these for front lighting, based on these results. Try using them with a dimmer & LED adaptors for front lighting. Better than needing a separate circuit for the front lighting on it's own (8 PAR38 halogen cans) lol.

Any more news to report on these?

• Members

Well, we used them again at our last gig on a really small stage. I'm not sure of the size exactly, but we had enough room for a drum kit, a bass stack, my half stack, the players and mic stands etc. Your average "corner of the bar" live band set up. We only needed to use two of them, one on the kit and one in front of the kit and it lit it up nicely from the side. I should really take pics at the next gig. :facepalm:

• Members

Well, we used them again at our last gig on a really small stage. I'm not sure of the size exactly, but we had enough room for a drum kit, a bass stack, my half stack, the players and mic stands etc. Your average "corner of the bar" live band set up. We only needed to use two of them, one on the kit and one in front of the kit and it lit it up nicely from the side. I should really take pics at the next gig.
:facepalm:

You're slacking as a reporter! Lol. Good to hear, keep us updated.

• 5 months later...

Archived