Mini moving heads

JV90

• Members

I'm looking forward to get 4 of this

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=300962922436&cmd=VIDESC

I'm not doing concerts or arenas, just worships and corporate events, so i was wondering how are this led lights? They would be adding to my lighting rig which are basically color palettes, they are loud from an usa vendor so they give me warranty and if something happens I can send them over the US only,

Let me know your thoughts

• Members

Wow, I paid a lot more for the chauvet minspots when they first came out. Really cool intel fixtures, but limited. They're best used in totally dark rooms that aren't too big. It's also best to DMX control them which means you'd have to program a few chases.

• Members

Thanks Bill and Bob for your comment, I'm really looking to add this moving heads to my lighting rig, although I was looking for the Chauvet intimidator duo, but I think this are almost the same but individual, so? They work in dark rooms and are limited, well for the price I won't expect some high end fixture at all, I have an Elation compuware soft to control my ColorPalettes, and occasionally I rent some real moving heads from a friend and the compuware accepted them very well and easy to control, the only problem of those moving heads is the weight, if I remember correct they are FutureLight 660 or something with 60,but they look great,

Bob can you tell me more about those mini heads? Besides what you already told meo, I'm really looking forward to order those 4, they are giving me warranty over the US

• Members

IDK if the fixtures in the ebay link are the same as the chauvet minspots. They look the same, but the specs may be different.

I made this video in the back room of my house which will give you an idea. I used them in a gym a couple of times and the beam was visible on the back wall, but there was no ambient lighting to get in the way either. I'll see if I can find a photo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZG6itSQUJg

Archived