Thoughts about Behringer mx3242x

• Members

Hey group..

just wanted to get some of your thoughts about the behringer mx3242x.

there is one thing about it that keeps me checking it out..

it's the little level meters next to each fader for each channel.

is it an ok mixer?

or more importantly.. are there any other rack mount 16 chan mixers that offer the same meter option?

don't really want to go with a board larger than that now with a meter bridge..

let me know your thoughts please.

thanks

will

• CMS Author

Originally posted by waskelton4

sorry,

i'm not interested in the m12..

just want some opinions on the behringer..

No prob, I was being cheeky.

As mixers go, the Behringer is on the lower end of things, but it fills a needed price point. If you can accept the possibility of something (or everything) failing on that mixer, and then not being able to have it repaired, then it's a worthwhile bargain.

Most compact mixers have a PFL solo feature that directs a channel to the main meters. While you can't continuously monitor all channels at once, this is usually more than adequate for setting levels and monitoring a single troublesome channel as needed, and it certainly directs money spent towards more important features.

• Members

I've got the Behringer x3242x. I enjoy mixing on it. I've used tons of other boards including some Soundcraft, Mackie, and A&H. I'm not going to say that the Behringer is better than these boards (though I'm not a fan of the Mackie CFX boards at all), but it gets the job done. That board has a {censored} load of options, 4 bands of EQ with 2 sweepable mids, 4 busses, a seperate Mix B that is independant of the channel faders, The mix B can be muted sepperately from the Channels, 6 Aux sends, Built in dedicated effects on Aux 3, Direct outs for multitrack recording, the ablity to used all 16 XLR inputs and then still have 16 line inputs also to mix with. The metering on each channel is cool, and the board has PFL that meters on the main meter. I love that it has an external power supply...I know a lot of people don't like that, but I think it's great. The mixer is light weight, but it's also HUGE. Finding a mixer case for it is impossible. I looked for a rolling mixer case with a 16 space rack underneath and I couldn't find one anywhere. The most SKB makes is an 11 space, same with Oydessy. Oydessy will at least custom make one. Road Ready has a 10 space that could have been modified but that would have voided the warrenttee. The mixer is 13 spaces long, then it stands 9" high at the tallest point. I like this mixer, and it's a good value. I haven't had any problems with anything failing on me yet. I don't know what the failure rate is, or how easy it would be to get repaired. I know it sounds clean, and I can do everything I need to do with it. Best bet is to demo one if you can. And where ever you go try to wheel and deal, I got mine way under what the tag, and what the discount catalogs had it priced at. Good luck making a decision. Adios.

Archived