Yamaha SPX990... $700 / GOOD DEAL?

• Members

Just curious... I'm looking to buy a couple SPX990s from a freind who purchased them about 6 months ago. He hasn't used them much and still has the original packaging. The price for both units is $1,400.00. I don't think this is a steal but it seems reasonable considering the amount of use on the units.

I'd appreciate any feedback on the pricing...

Thanks,

Mike

• Members

Thanks Mark for your reply...

I currently have several effects (2 - TC M1 / 1 - Yam Rev500 / 1 - D2 / 1 - Midiverb) that I personally use. I emphasize that I use them because I rarely rent my rigs without actually running the board. That said, I have rented my larger rig to other sound contractors and I'm currently putting together a monitor rig to do slightly larger shows. Since I'll be contracting (per gig basis) a monitor "engineer" to run monitors, I'd like to provide them with a unit that is well known. Although I've never had a complaint from someone using the TCs, I do know, most experience sound guys are comfortable with the SPX990. IMO, the FX unit certainly is not a mayor link or preocupation in the macro aspect of monitor rigs, it's something to consider on the above mentioned basis.

There are certainly cheaper units on the market that will do just about everything the SPX990 will do, thus the idea of adding it to my rig would be based more on acceptance and cosmetics. That said, I'm not in the "big leagues" so I doubt any of the guys I'll hire will bitch and mone about an FX unit.

Thanks again for your input...

Archived