Beringer power amps

• Members

re:Behringer Power Amps

I asked this elsewhere lately and got no replys. I've not read of one user report. Given Behr's reputation in general (DOAs, later failures, poor service , and being difficult to repair), I'd be very hesitant to buy this amp. Plus, there's already been reports of problems with the power amp inside their powered speakers.

If you want a cost saving Far Eastern made amp, I'd recomend QSC's RMX series; an excellent amp with an excellent reputation from a reliable manufacturer.

• Members

Originally posted by Kennykeys

re:Behringer Power Amps

I asked this elsewhere lately and got no replys. I've not read of one user report. Given Behr's reputation in general (DOAs, later failures, poor service , and being difficult to repair), I'd be very hesitant to buy this amp. Plus, there's already been reports of problems with the power amp inside their powered speakers.

If you want a cost saving Far Eastern made amp, I'd recomend QSC's RMX series; an excellent amp with an excellent reputation from a reliable manufacturer.

How do the costs compare where you are?

In australian dollars:

Behringer EP2500 $890.00

Qsc Rmx 2450 Power Amplifier $2,195.00

Same claimed power at 2ohm.

Is it worth spending more than twice as much on the Qsc? Is the Beringer unrepairable if something does go wrong?

• Members

I had a look, I'd be paying something like $500 more for a yamaha with almost as good stats - probably the way to go??

YAMAHA P 3500S II 1000 WATT PER SIDE @ 2 OHMS $1,395.00

opinions? (I really can't afford this sort of money though).

• Members

Originally posted by moody

In australian dollars:

Behringer EP2500 $890.00

Qsc Rmx 2450 Power Amplifier $2,195.00

Now you all know what difficulties American companies have selling into different (and "protected") foreign markets. Anybody who says fair trade is really fair doesn't have to look far to see what the truth is.

• Members

Is the Beringer unrepairable if something does go wrong?

Moody, can't you access U.S. music store websites like Musicians Friend? There's the prices.

I have heard that some of the Behr gear is "difficult" to repair (bad build design, maybe hard to find parts?). Anyway, over here, their gear is so damn cheap to buy (and electronic repair rates being necessarily high), so who'd bother to get it repaired? (Or you wait forever while getting warrenty work done,) They're basically disposable units.

I DO NOT know about the repairability of the amp, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't worth it.

• Members

Originally posted by Audiopile

The QSC RMX 2450 is currently advertised in popular US mail order catalogs for about $700. Chances are they can be had for maybe even a little less than that. There a few enterprising entrepeners selling new RMX 2450's on eBay with buy it now prices posted of slightly more than $500. Here's an example:

I've shipped some stuff down under and I'm pretty sure shipping wouldn't be much more than $200. Looks like you could score an eBay deal on a RMX 2450 and save a couple hundred over purchasing the Behringer locally.

Ok, assuming 700ish US dollars including postage. It's still a hundred or so 'over' the beringer price (the prices I posted above were aussie dollars). Probably very worthwhile over the behringer.

• Members

Ok, assuming 700ish US dollars including postage. It's still a hundred or so 'over' the beringer price (the prices I posted above were aussie dollars). Probably very worthwhile over the behringer.

I just remembered, I'd need to get the cord changed as well (assuming that it's switchable to 240volt) otherwise I'd need to get a stepdown transformer.

• Members

Well I got the verdict back from the amps in for repair. Essentially unrepairable at any decent cost (and not worth it for 20 odd year old 200watt amps).

Better spending slightly more and getting an amp that will do the job of both of them.

Archived