How much does a sound guy cost?

• Members

Originally posted by ViLo

"How much does a sound guy cost?"

Hummmmmmmmm........I don't think you can buy one.............
:)

Kinda like asking "how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie pop?". or am I showing my age by making that reference?

• Members

Kinda like asking "how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie pop?". or am I showing my age by making that reference?

"one...Two...threeeee...it takes three licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop". Now I'm showing my age too! :D

• Members

Originally posted by flanc

"one...Two...threeeee...it takes three licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop". Now I'm showing my age too!
:D

Thats ok someone in another thread whipped out a reference to the Edsel. While Im old enough to remember what an Edsel is, Im not quite old enough to be able to point one out if ever I saw one.

• Members

As someone pointed out, it depends on the market forces in your area. Where I live (Halifax, Nova Scotia) I can hire a very competent tech who will provide enough gear to play a 300 seat venue, including lights, for Canadian $250 which is app. US $190. If the gig is a two or three nighter, his price drops accordingly for lack of tear-down/set up.

If you have a lot of players in your market you will pay less. Check out Economics 101 and look at a supply/demand curve :D

Archived