Xmitter/Rcvr pair for headset mic...

• Members

Our chick vocalist has a Crown headset mic, which sounds excellent. Unfortunately, she has paired it with a cheap A-T xmiter/receiver setup which she, being a belter, routinely overdrives, causing the mic to cut out. There are only gain trims on the xmitter & rcvr.

Question: What's a decent UHF beltpack/rcvr setup? (the farther under $1K, the better). First one to mention Nady or Carvin dies.

Need true diversity, and some frequency agility would probably be useful. It is unlikely that we will run more than 1 or 2 additional wireless in the forseeable future.

• Members

Phil - the best unit we sell (under $1000) is the AT-3000 series UHF. Absolutely the best value and a really good performer too. I have installed 20 to date, and zero problems. They are CHEAP also (relatively). E-mail me and I can get you pricing.

Also, check the transmitter on the cheap AT, generally they have 2 trim pots, one market MT and the other GT. The MT controls the input gain for the mic input (has condenser bias voltage present to power the mic) and the GT is the instrument input that does not have the bias voltage present. Be sure you are adjusting the MT control. It's tiny legend on the PCB in the battery compartment.

Archived