This is wierd

• Members

I had a problem with my Yamaha clubs. At one point I was getting a really wierd sound coming from them. I thought that I had blown a horn. As the show went on, I still had highs coming out of them so I figured that it was an input source causing the problem. After pulling my hair out, I couldn't figure out what it was. Finally, I gave them to a friend to look at and he said that the screws fell out of the mounts around the titanium driver and that they fell down and were stuck to the magnet on both speakers. This caused the titanium driver to be cocked. They were just kinda like they were dangeling in there. So, we used some loc tite and put the screws back in the mounts. He tested tham and they aseem to be fine. I guess we'll see if we're any better this weekend. I just thought that it was wierd that it happened on both speakers that I own.

• Members

We used to have a pair of little Peavey 15+2's that we used for some very small venues. That happened to us once, as well. On hearing the problem, I was all set to purchase a new horn driver, but when we opened the thing up, we discovered what had really happened. Rather fortunate, I think...didn't really want to have to pop for a new driver, considering what we paid for the cabinet...wouldn't really have been worth it. :)

Archived