Recommendations: Cheap, portable, 4 channel mixer for gigs and practice.

• Members

I just joined a band playing synths and rhythm guitar.

I'm new to the world of setting up a live synth rig. Any recommendations on a small, portable mixer to run a Triton LE, Micro Korg and PK6 (plus a POD during practice) for live use. I have a seperate guitar rig for gigs. Something small and easy to carry in a gig bag would be perfect.

• Members

Given how cheap the little tiny mixers are right now, why not two of the size with two mic inputs? You'd still end up spending $200, you'd be able to split them up for different gigs (or when the band breaks up), and for the ones with internal effects you'd have double the effects available.

Alesis seems to have a nice little unit nowadays, and the Behringers are certainly cheap enough to be considered disposable.

• Members

Originally posted by wheresgrant3

I just joined a band playing synths and rhythm guitar.

I'm new to the world of setting up a live synth rig. Any recommendations on a small, portable mixer to run a Triton LE, Micro Korg and PK6 (plus a POD during practice) for live use. I have a seperate guitar rig for gigs. Something small and easy to carry in a gig bag would be perfect.

None of those things requires XLR do they? You could get something like this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3703226725&category=41475&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

• CMS Author

Originally posted by wheresgrant3

My local store has this model in stock for $90... any opinions?
Yamaha

There you go. Decent quality, a name that will back up the product, and 10 bucks less than the usual retail. I'd go for it.

In fact, I was considering one of these as a temporary rehearsal standin while my Peavey RQ is being serviced. Considering that the store I purchased it from has had it 10 days and hasn't even found a box to ship it, this could be a long wait. I think I may buy it and return it before 30 days, just to get back at the bastards.

But enough of my whining.

Archived