Vocal processors and effects live?

• Members

I play in a live cover band and I had discussions with our singer to possibly add some effects to his voice (Delay, modulation, etcs) for songs we cover with strong vocal effects. Any ideas on where to start. We experimented with a cheap Alesis Nanoverb the other day during practice, and while we acheived the desired effect we wanted something that produced much better sound output. I believe Halion has a vocal processor. We own and use our own PA for small bar and club gigs.

• Members

dude,get a decent mic preamp to warm up the vocals,it will give you depth and you will sound larger,next a good i stress a good reverb unit cheap reverb is a huge downfall,i just picked up a yamaha rev500 reverb unit,there is some awesome reverb patches in it,as well as reveb with chorus,tremelo phase patches,then i go into a tc d-two delay unit,i also go into a tc helicon voiceworks,for thickening effect and harmonies.the mic preamp is awesome i use the presonus eureka,a lot of pro singers live use preamps on the vocals,checkout the focusrite web site and you can also read some ways they use their s live.hope i helped,

Archived