• Members

Just to show how extreme things can get, check this out.

I got some genuine Chinese Bi-polar super conductive 98.99% oxygen free copper IEC cords I'll sell for just $399.99. They sound much better than these. The soundstage just opens up, and the dynamics are greatly improved. The bass is much tighter and the highs are ultra smooth.

If you want a bigger laugh, go here.

SoundMan

• Members

Amazing!

I've always been baffled by the whole "esoteric" wire thing. OK, I can MAYBE understand the Hi-Fi Stereo Audiophile whose knowledge & interest & golden-ear quest could lead him down this road. But since the phenomena entered all levels of the live music industry, I'm constantly amazed that these things obviously continue to increase in sales. Just look at how large a "marketeer" that, say, Monster Cables has become. Of course, many would express concern over how well they can sleep at night......

And now AC power cables too? I'm also surprised that Parts Express has room for this stuff. They've always impressed me as a kind of sensible end-consumer parts outfit......not exactly the Sharper Image. I really wonder if these power cords are jumping off their shelves?

Archived