• Members

when i came back from my trip this past month i noticed my e2 iem's began having intermitent failures. where the wire meets the connector their is a break, short? i don't know but in order for me to hear it in both ears i have to jiggle it a bit. i just got them like 3 months ago:mad: :rolleyes::eek: should i ask shure to replace them? they're still under warranty. if i send them in, what exactly do i have to do? does shure keep warranty even if i bought them on ebay? new of corse. thanx fellas. i really apreciate it. it's kinda agriating. i've never had to send in any product. i wish it was my bootleg behringer stuff instead of my iem's. i've come to depend on them when i play:cool: oh well, it's all gotta end sometime huh...:rolleyes::(:mad:

• CMS Author

Shure global warranty policy guarantees our products to be free from defects. Please read the following carefully, as the warranty policy has changed as of January 2003.

The following are active warranty periods for products manufactured and purchased before January 2003:

Wired Microphones:Two year warranty

Wireless Systems and Components:One year warranty

Personal Monitors and Components:One year warranty

Circuitry Products:One year warranty

Mixers:One year warranty

Phonograph Products:One year warranty

As of January 2003, ALL products manufactured by Shure Incorporated feature a limited two-year warranty. This two-year warranty is specific to the date of manufacture as determined by the serial number or date code printed on the product.

While under a valid warranty period, damaged or defective products (purchased domestically) may be returned to Shure's Service Department without prior authorization for service and repair, free of charge.

Out-of-warranty items may be returned for service and repair for a flat fee. Shure does reserve the right to charge an additional fee for products with extensive physical damage, however, we will not proceed with service without your authorization.

For specific repair issues, please contact Shure's Service Department and/or Authorized Distribution Centers through the regional contact information links provided below.

• Members

thanks. so once i find a serial number (where can i find the serial #) i email shure and see what they say. send it in for free or if it's not under warranty i'll have to pay a flat fee of __?? please correct me if i am wrong. thanks bro. always apreciated:)

• Members

thanks alot craigv. i emailed them and the response is pending. for the meanwhile. i think i'm gonna go ahead and upgrade. i don't want e5's. i'm way to careless and if i mess them up i know i'll regret it. so i know the e2's are at the (#4)bottom of the line and the e5's are #1 in quality. where do the e1's and e3's come into place? i've heard the e1's are better than the e2's and that the e3's are better than the e1's. but the e1's are so small and although they wouldn't exactly blend in with my skin, they'd be less visible. or shouod i go against my desires and cough up the extra 200 bones for e5's? is the difference in quality that great? i think my best choices are e1 or e3 but i'm open to any suggestions. also, if there is something else out there better than shure i'm also willing to listen to that. thank you. always apreciated:D :)

Archived