Digital EQ's

• Members

I like to have a digital eq in my rack that can stored different presets for different speakers and rooms. I have the choice narrowed down to 2. The Behringer DEQ2496 and the Alesis DEQ-230. Anyone have any experience with these or recommend one over the other?

• Members

Well I have been using the DEQ for several months now with good results and no problems. Much better interface and menu navigation than the older 8024.

The DEQ has lots of different features, rta, dynamics, limiters, parametric eq's, etc... Is the Alesis just an eq unit? I'm not familiar with the Alesis model so I can't comment.

• Members

I think that once you get beyond 48k & 20 bit depth (with good firmware code) you really have insignificant improvements. I have seen plenty of "higher def" stuff with worse specs. I have no problem with the older Behringer DSP eq's personally. I also like the larger LCD display. This old pony's eyes aren't quite what they used to be.

• Members

Originally posted by Black Frog

But don't you think that the 2496 is easier to navigate for a person that's never seen either unit? I much prefer the turn dials for parameter adjustment rather than "arrow up, arrown down, arrow over"....

Not really. But... I learned on Yamaha D-1030's and that's cursor driven.

Archived