Long Shot - Schematic for an AB Int'l Power Amp?

• Members

I'm looking for the schematic for a AB International power amp model 950XLB - it's a discontinued model in their Precendent line-up.

They are available from AB - but they want $40 for it - YIKES!!!

I'm more than happy to buy one but find that amount alittle "rich".

Thanks!

• Members

I've got S/M's for the 400, 600, 900 and 1100 but not the 950. I don't even recall the 950 and I had some pretty close involvement with them over many years. I stock most of the parts used by AB (except power transformers) and have plenty experience servicing them. ;) I even have some used 710's for sale

Could it be an ER series amp that replaced the original and series 2 model) Precendent series (If an ER, it would have a black faceplate with 2 gray mylar rectangular overlays, the left overlay had the sensitivity controls and the right overlay had the power switch. I don't think I have the ER schematics, but I fix those amps from memory anyway.

Al and all great and reliable product at a reasonable price, but the company was sold a couple of years ago to ADI, and that ended my relationship.

e-mail me at agedhorse@aol if you need additional info.

• Members

I own a few AB's myself.

Seems like bad marketing ruined their career......

The no frills didn't appeal to the big

boys, and, the weak marketing made them nonexistant to the small guy.

The thing is, with whats in the market today, AB doesn't have a chance.

Seems like you would need to be in this business no later than early 90's, to

know AB.

• Members

Thanks for the responses so far!

Information is quite scarce on these units.

I find that these units did seem simple and well built but the marketing (or lack thereof) did mean the weren't going to achieve much of a precense in the market.

AB did send me an owner's manual but I'd feel more comfortable with a schematic too.

Anyway I really appreciate the feedback - you guys are a wealth of knowledge.

Archived