Is this enough power to run two GT-75's

• Members

Is this enough power to drive 2 GT75's

I'm a dummy when it comes to rack stuff. All I've ever own are amp heads. Is this enough power to run my POD XT Live through a Marshall 2x12 with GT75's. I just need it for a basement practice setup not to play football stadiums. Clarity is an issue. Tone is not.

Alesis RA 100 Power Amp My local store has one set aside for me for $50.

Output Power:

100 watts, 4ohm, 1kHz, .19% THD,

both channels; 75 watts, 8ohm, 1 kHz, .05% THD,

both channels; 150 watts typical, 4ohm, 1kHz, 1% THD,

one channel; 100 watts typical, 8ohm, 1kHz, 1% THD, one channel

Marshall 1936 cab

150 watts

16 ohms stereo

8 ohms mono

• Members

Originally posted by wheresgrant3

That's fine... I have no intention of playing in stereo. My only concerns are was if running it 75 watts at 8ohms mono underpower the speaker.

There's no such thing as underpowering a speaker.

• Members

If I were you, I would buy a tube guitar amp for this and avoid the alesis altogether. I used to use a pod pro through a marshall 20/20 into the same cab. The tube amp really made a difference.

Fyi, I eventually got sick of this set up and went to a reverend hellhound. I've never had better tone, and I've owned a ton of boutique stuff.

• Members

THE VERDICT:

Well with both channel volumes on 10, the output of the POD set at 7 and the channel volume at 8... I didn't have a hell of a lot of headroom left. But at the same time it was pretty {censored}ing loud. In fact my band mates asked me to turn down (our lead guitarist plays through a POD Pro through a 200 watt Crown PA, thru a 5150 cab). I had plenty of volume to compete... for practice at least. For gigs I'll stick with my main rig, XXX through a Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12.

Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Archived