Splitter Snake for Monitor Mix

• Members

Hello - I am looking for a splitter snake. Here is my problem. We are a five member group using inear monitors. We would like to get something short like 30'snake. We run into problems with inears when we use inhouse engineers. We are looking to try to get our mix consistent every time. We want the sound contractor to plug his mics into our "splitter" so we can retrieve and mix the monitors ourselves with our own monitor rig. Let me know your thoughts and if there is a better way to do this or if anyone can assist me in finding even a 50' snake with 16 channels!! Every where I looked they were all 100' for 16 channels.

Our stage plot is located at http://www.mission5band.com/mission5contact/stageplot.pdf

• Members

Blatem - nice rider, well thought out

You should call or vistit Mark at www.audiopile.net

he will get you or build you (probably a custom build for this) what you need, when you need it at a great price with quality and customer service not to be beat.

You're welcome mark. Your reputation is definately a good one

• Members

For your application, you would want to be sure your house signal feed snake is long enough to get to wherever the main house stage box is located.

Beware of the stupid installations where all stage inputs are not located in the same place... eg. consultant designed performang arts and church systems with damn stage boxes w/ 6 or 8 channels everywhere but where they are needed.

A customized rack mount splitter system w/ a short monitor trunk to your IEM monitor console and a longer (50') to the house system. This may best be a seperate 12+ space rack so the trunks can ride coiled up in the back of the splitter rack as a complete package. That way it is a nice tidy package.

I've got a clean used 32x8 for sale, but it's a 200' main trunk.

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by loozrrtuba

Blatem - nice rider, well thought out

You should call or vistit Mark at
www.audiopile.net

he will get you or build you (probably a custom build for this) what you need, when you need it at a great price with quality and customer service not to be beat.

You're welcome mark. Your reputation is definately a good one

I do what I can to accommodate custom requests, but custom multipin splitter snakes are beyond my modest means here. The EWI factory has limited means to construct multipin splits as follows:

1) Limited to using EDAC 516-56pin multipin connectors, which are suitable for 16 channels.

2) No splitter transformers (yet).

3) No ground lift switches (yet).

4) Fairly long turn-around on orders (6 - 8 weeks generally).

EWI is actively developing more evolved splitter systems, but splitter snakes are tough, and progress on this product is agonizingly slow.

Additionally:

1) Having a comprehensive inventory of splitter snakes would involve many permutations.

2) Good mass connectors that are "up to the task" are really expensive (hundreds of dollars per pair).

3) Good splitter transformers and ground lift switches add up to a lot of money on large format snakes.

Anyway you slice or dice it, decent splitter snakes are expensive, and since there's so many variables, they just about have to be made to order.

I suggest either Conquest or Whirlwind for splitter snakes beyond my modest offerings.

Archived